Tour of Britain 2014...on my doorstep (may contain SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The ones in Charfield (and up on the top, near Nympsfield) say 1 pm to 2.30 pm, I think (from memory!). If it's critical I'll wander down the road later and check. We cycled up to Nympsfield from Nailsworth yesterday, and saw no signs on that bit of road, so I assume they're taking the B4066 from Stroud?

Last year they published timings, but they ran a little late (understandable in that case as they had cycled through the Lake District in torrential rain!).

I'm still debating too, but I'm a bit behind with work and want to take a day off to go and see the tall ships in London this weekend/next week as well! (it would help if I stopped logging on to CycleChat!). Hoping I might get a few bidons chucked in my garden!
No that's good enough, so basically early afternoon. I keep meaning to ride a bit of the route to then see how much after they can beat me over that bit - a lot I suspect, luckily all of my QOM's aren't under threat as they are in more obscure places!

Idoru

Looks like i'll be popping to Llandudno to wath ToB this year, about 30 mins from home, very handy!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
No that's good enough, so basically early afternoon. I keep meaning to ride a bit of the route to then see how much after they can beat me over that bit - a lot I suspect, luckily all of my QOM's aren't under threat as they are in more obscure places!
Well if you try the route as far as Charfield, pop in for a cuppa!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
This is about the only time I'm sorry not to be going to Guildford - the uphill cobbled sprint to the finish would be an interesting battle between Cav (if genuinely fully-fit) and Kittel.

This year the closest the ride gets to me is Camberley (gah!) so I'm pedaling to the start to act the fanboy. At least the ride there is pleasant enough.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
ITV have live coverage on Sunday for this, not sure about the other days

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I've just checked for Friday 12th (Bath to Hemel) - yes, ITV4 has live coverage. Highlights seem to be a 9pm.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Sign for next week, Nettlebed Henley Road, Oxfordshire!

I will be watching

Attachments

• 2014-09-03 13.27.37.jpg
    2014-09-03 13.27.37.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 41

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
We shall be watching it in Upton, it's going past within 50 feet of the front door of our new house, 'cept we wont have moved in by then. Still, we'll go over and watch it anyway.

Top Bottom