Tour of Britain 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Planning on watching on the Brickworks climb on Stage 3 as it's only about an hour's ride from home and the forecast looks very good at the moment

I was going to then ride over to Tatton Park to catch the finish but I've just had a look at timings and it's going to be quite tight. The official forecast timings allow about an hour and a half from Brickworks until the finish in Tatton Park. It's 18 miles for me to ride direct there but of course it will be rammed getting off the climb and they won't open the road to cyclists until the last riders are through so I can see myself having not much more than an hour

If they absolutely gun it up the Cat and Fiddle and back to Tatton I can see it being a bit of a struggle. I'll see how I feel on the day

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Planning on watching on the Brickworks climb on Stage 3 as it's only about an hour's ride from home and the forecast looks very good at the moment

I was going to then ride over to Tatton Park to catch the finish but I've just had a look at timings and it's going to be quite tight. The official forecast timings allow about an hour and a half from Brickworks until the finish in Tatton Park. It's 18 miles for me to ride direct there but of course it will be rammed getting off the climb and they won't open the road to cyclists until the last riders are through so I can see myself having not much more than an hour

If they absolutely gun it up the Cat and Fiddle and back to Tatton I can see it being a bit of a struggle. I'll see how I feel on the day
Your first five miles are 30 mph plus downhill to the Legh arms at Adlington so you might find it easier than you think. ;). You can also cut through the Carrs at Twinnies Bridge up past the rugby club. That will save you a bit more if you are pushing it.

Freds Dad

Veteran
image.jpeg
A friend who is working for Sky has just posted this on Facetube

Just watched the tour go up Stewarton Road. I'd have gone further up the road for a better vantage point at the Dodside Road quarry but I wasn't sure I would have had enough time to get up there before the outriders turned up (It turns out that I would have.)

Pretty good spectacle!

Top Bottom