Tour of Britain 2018 (*Spoilers*)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am watching the highlights programme from yesterday's TTT; my main observation is that the person doing the fingers countdown was not very good at it. More like Ted Rogers on 3-2-1 than a smooth countdown

DifficultHatefulAquaticleech-max-1mb.gif

I have the ToB on in the background, I'm not paying too much attention to it, and was wondering if those who are could answer a question:

Are they doing loops of the same circuit or are all climbs in the area an average of 6% gradient?

Thanks (I should have thought of just looking at the stage route!), looks like they do the current climb twice but the rest was just a coincidence that the average was 6% I suppose

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Our local lad Joe Nally is riding for the BC team, seems to be enjoying it from his facebook posts. Cracking talent from an early age, considering swimming was his forte up until I think high school !

Adam4868

Guru
It was a hard enough slog up Whinlatter once yesterday,that was walking after Two pints pre lunch !
I don't get out much.

Interesting watching them ride over roads I've ridden. Been over the Whinlatter several times from both sides on road and mtn bike. Not that fast though!

Mike_P

Guru
What a crazy roll out today, virtually a figure of 8 bar the width of one end of Trent Bridge Cricket Ground to start off with.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
FB fpost rom Joe on today’s stage

Stage 7 is over.

Up there with the hardest days I've had out on the bike. I've edited this a few times to remove the swear words..
The Tour of Britain keeps showing that no matter how hard yesterday was, today will always be harder. We'd all expected an early break to go and that the race would be controlled for the next 200km, however that was certainly not the case. Spent the first 40km or so with lactic acid up to my eyeballs wondering why I'm not on holiday yet and when it finally did 'ease up', seeing 170km to go was a truly disgusting sight. Oh and then it started to rain. So we proceeded to smash it out of every single corner and up every hill for the next 15 hours I think it was, and when I was pretty certain I was about to be dropped I was told on the radio I had to get to the front and help the other teams chase the break. And that's when I started a 25km chaingang with a bunch of world tour riders chasing Ian Stannard and suddenly the last 150km of suffering seemed pretty insignificant. If you aren't already stunned by Stannards ride today, take it from me that he is outrageously strong.. But anyway, did what I could and I was glad to end the day on a positive note rather than just swinging all day and doing nothing of any use.

One final day to go. Thank f*ck.

Top Bottom