Tour of Britain 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Looking to be a pretty good line up from Ineos.
Hayter,Kwiatowski,Porte,Dennis,Doull,
Carlos
Could be a last race for a few ?

Adam4868

Guru
Starts today from Penzance.Live coverage from 10.45 on itv4.

DRM

Guru
Looking carefully, it doesn't go up exactly the same route, but takes the parallel Ty-Gwyn Road, which is marked up at 20%.

Doesn't go anywhere near me. Tour of Britain? Tour of Celtic Britain, more like! :tongue:
With the death of the Tour de Yorkshire, next year the Tour of Britain should be what it says on the label, and Tour Britain.

DRM

Guru
It would have to be incredibly long. It would obviously need to go through Catford and Auchetermuchtie, not to mention Llanfairpwllgwyngyll

And people would still complain.
Doesn’t have to be, just set the race up to cover different bits of the country on consecutive years, it always seems to go west

Doesn’t have to be, just set the race up to cover different bits of the country on consecutive years, it always seems to go west
They have to go where the towns will pay for starts and finishes.

You're mistaken if you think the route is just up to where the organisation wants to go.

13 rider

Guru
I'm off to Cornwall ,going to strava race the pros on some segments ,Any guess how far behind I will be !! . Really enjoyed watching the TV section Truro to Newquay roads I now fairly well . It's definitely lumpy terrain in Cornwall

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Having been so scathing of ToB race route organisers, I owe them an apology.

The Llandudno route goes up the Orme via the hardest route. There is a decent stretch that is extremely steep and will make for great viewing. Still think the introduction of the Orme goats would enhance the enjoyment of the race though
And a free sausage for the winner?

Top Bottom