Tour of Britain 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Having been so scathing of ToB race route organisers, I owe them an apology.

The Llandudno route goes up the Orme via the hardest route. There is a decent stretch that is extremely steep and will make for great viewing. Still think the introduction of the Orme goats would enhance the enjoyment of the race though
Is that the road that runs alongside the tram ? If it is, it is indeed EXTREMELY steep. :okay:

Martinsnos

Watching a recording of stage 1, the security bikes (as I think marshals are called these days) were too slow to a number of obstacles. Also the choice of what they were flagging was hit and miss at times.
Not aware of any consequences but something was wrong somewhere.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Carnage at the TTT. A crash, three punctures in the closing stages (has someone been out with the broken glass?) and Griepel suffering a collapsed seatpost... and that is just so far!

yello

This is being shown live on French TV, so I get to see some gorgeous British countryside, plus narrow hedge lined lanes. I almost feel nostalgic... until I see the crowds of people in towns etc ;)

It's good to see a mix of teams, and something like the TTT highlights the differences in professionalism - comparing, for instance, the slickness of Ineos with the more ragged and disorganised style of.... some other teams. And of course, a good chance of seeing an aspiring rider have their day.

Edit: and bad luck for Jumbo. I think a mechanical might have cost them a top podium spot (or two?)

I'm looking forward to tomorrow,not least for the finish. That'll be a lung popper!

Last edited:

Daninplymouth

I'm off to Cornwall ,going to strava race the pros on some segments ,Any guess how far behind I will be !! . Really enjoyed watching the TV section Truro to Newquay roads I now fairly well . It's definitely lumpy terrain in Cornwall
I had a crack at rundlestone yesterday
Was going quite well…..

Oh then the peloton uploaded their data 🤦🏼‍♂️
and that’s after about 70-80miles of them riding

Top Bottom