Tour of Britain 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Ooooh.... the women's tour is starting just up the road from me. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get over there.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
The stages are being announced day by day here.

Currently Cornwall, Devon, Warrington, Cumbria and Aberdeen have been announced. But details of the first two stages only.

Time for the usual "It's not coming to my part of Britain" complaints.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Same route as last year's was going to be, isn't it? A tour up that namby-pamby west side. They should come over to the east for a proper test of a flat time trial with none of that freewheeling rest nonsense. ;)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Rescheduled to 2021 owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 17th edition of the UK’s most prestigious stage race (Sunday 5-12 September) includes two full stages apiece in both Wales and Scotland.

Twelve of the start and finish host venues are new to the eight-day event, which will cover 1,320 kilometres (820 miles) of racing.

https://tourofbritain.co.uk/spectacular-route-unveiled-for-2021-tour-of-britain

1626867995803.png

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Going to the Great Orme they should make the riders do the road the trams take up to the top. Its lower slopes are practically unrideable for everyday cyclists. Anything else like a boring circumnavigation of the Orme would be a travesty. They should also herd the Llandudno goats onto the road to increase the excitement

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Going to the Great Orme they should make the riders do the road the trams take up to the top. Its lower slopes are practically unrideable for everyday cyclists. Anything else like a boring circumnavigation of the Orme would be a travesty. They should also herd the Llandudno goats onto the road to increase the excitement
Looking carefully, it doesn't go up exactly the same route, but takes the parallel Ty-Gwyn Road, which is marked up at 20%.

Doesn't go anywhere near me. Tour of Britain? Tour of Celtic Britain, more like! :tongue:

Reactions: DRM

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Looking carefully, it doesn't go up exactly the same route, but takes the parallel Ty-Gwyn Road, which is marked up at 20%.

Doesn't go anywhere near me. Tour of Britain? Tour of Celtic Britain, more like! :tongue:
Not sure Warrington is Celtic although there may be a few interloppers with Irish Liverpudlian ancestry. :laugh:

Reactions: DRM
Top Bottom