Tour of Britain 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Oooh I'm liking the idea of a day out in Redcar. Lemon tops all round :okay:.. I await announcements of where that stage will finish.

nice balanced route / regional selection overall. A circuit or 3 of the IOW to finish sounds fun too!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have already booked a hotel for a few nights on the IOW for the final day of racing.
With a bit of luck and a bit of thought, the race will hopefully come right past the hotel which is more or less at the foot of Blackgang Chine in Chale.:okay:
It's just a case of which way round the Island they will be going.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I have already booked a hotel for a few nights on the IOW for the final day of racing.
With a bit of luck and a bit of thought, the race will hopefully come right past the hotel which is more or less at the foot of Blackgang Chine in Chale.:okay:
Given the traditional island "circuit" is region of 60-65m / 100 km then they will to wiggle inland and out a bit or do some repeats to get to a usual stage distance, so you should be in luck.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
The IoW should make for a great stage but I hope the route makes good use of the available lumpy terrain to mix things up. Also, the potential for cross winds along the Military Rd should make for a nervous peloton.

I go over to ride around the island a couple of times a year and the organisation around bringing bikes on to the ferry (usually Southampton) can be a bit hit and miss, so I hope they’re prepared for the potential spike in cyclist numbers in the day.

The route could add some jeopardy by including the chain ferry, especially if it’s having one of its ‘days’.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Not coming to North Wales this year then so TV only it will be for me.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I am however frustrated that they've made the men's route available (for September) but no details really whatsoever for the women's tour which is in June.

Per the website it starts in Colchester and one stage is on Oxfordshire, looks like the rest hasn't been confirmed yet. Hopefully there will be a stage our way and I'll go watch. With it being June there is a chance of being able to go a bit further to see it.

DRM

Guru
I’m guessing that the Tour de Yorkshire is now beyond any hope of a return, as stage four is in North Yorkshire and into Cleveland.

Solocle

Über Member
More detail on the route now available:
1649229698906.png

1649229714962.png

1649229733933.png

1649229745081.png

1649229756647.png

1649229768837.png

1649229788008.png

1649229798929.png

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I’m guessing that the Tour de Yorkshire is now beyond any hope of a return, as stage four is in North Yorkshire and into Cleveland.
Definitely not this year but there were hopes of bringing it back mentioned in the last month or so.

Reactions: DRM
Top Bottom