Tour of Britain 4-11 September 2016 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Announced today that Cav is confirmed to be appearing at the Tour of Britain, along with Andre Greipel, Rohan Dennis, Steve Cummings and Taylor Phinney.

There will be three hours of live coverage every day on ITV4 and the BIKE channel, with an hour of highlights every evening on ITV4.

MikeW-71

Veteran
And the Carlisle stage is just about passing my front door :smile: Then I can play a game of "chase the race" to nip across to a different point to see it again.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I might head to Armathwaite to see them, then cut across towards Greystoke. Or head to Ullswater and ride up Kirkstone to the top of the Struggle. Hmm

Fingers crossed I get the day off.

Gert Lush

Fingers crossed I get the 10th off. Definitely would pop down to Brizzle to see the Time Trial/Race.

Although I very much doubt it. Hardly ever get saturdays off.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Wiggo, Doull and Dibben all confirmed entrants

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Presumably Wiggo's participation is more a PR move and he won't be contributing to the actual racing
I know he's got a couple of track events (London and Ghent) and then he's retired.

Will this be his last appearance as a pro on the road?

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Presumably Wiggo's participation is more a PR move and he won't be contributing to the actual racing
This is a 2.HC race and should be treated with respect - it's not a farewell leaving party for a rider to gloat in the public's admiration. I hope he takes it seriously.

Buddfox

Veteran
This is a 2.HC race and should be treated with respect - it's not a farewell leaving party for a rider to gloat in the public's admiration. I hope he takes it seriously.

Hope springs eternal... not wanting to be a cynic, but I think a number of pro riders will occasionally dial it in rather than give their all, for various reasons. I don't think Froome exactly gave it the beans in the Surrey Classic either.

I don't mind - he's earned it.

Top Bottom