Tour of Britain 4-11 September 2016 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
gutted that the TT not on tv live

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Great performance from Stevo in the TT, 4th and still in yellow

Perhaps Porter might not be so dumb after all... it was obvious that even the best testers weren't going to get more than a few seconds over Cummings in such a short TT.

And he defends his jersey in the b stage too. Dennis up to 2nd.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
We were visiting the outlaws down in Bristol yesterday. The picnic on the Downs had to be moved to indoors thanks to the wet weather in the morning. We arrived in time to see the start and saw the neutralised riders ride past. We then walked a short distance and saw them going at a fair lick down the hill from the Downs.

Astonishingly, this short distance of a lap or so was ample time for two of the riders to have a serious falling out! Fists were waved and flung about and they taught my daughter some new words. I shall go for this approach next time another cyclist feels it necessary to comment on my choice of head wear.

We were in an ideal spot as a short stroll was all that was required to see the riders twice a lap.

We had regular sightings of the main big names especially Grieppel as he was off the front for most of the stage. Cav was there (we applauded politely and avoided eye contact) marshalling the chase.

Sir Brad seemed to be at the back and on the final lap well off it.

All in all a very good day out. I will edit this with a couple of pictures later.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
So I've done really well this week. I've kept away from the cycling and got on with work, been pleased with what I'd accomplished, not looked at any of the spoiler threads and managed to avoid any results, looking forward to catching up via the ITV Hub - then I inadvertently opened an email from British Cycling and saw "CUMMINGS WINS TOUR OF BRITAIN".

Doh.

Top Bottom