Tour of Britain 4-11 September 2016 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
John Tiernan-Lock
From Wikipedia: In 2014, his 2012 Tour of Britain win was stripped following the identification of anomalies in his biological passport data from around the time of that race, and he was banned from competition until the end of 2015.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Tony Dummerlyn?

brockers

Tony Dummerlyn?

Tom dummerlyn, tony doomerlin, Tom doomoolan....You might have been able to get away with not being familiar with forrin names in the 1970s, but this is pretty much GB's showcase event and it's just embarrassing now. And not realising he's in contention to win the flippin Time Trial either. Jeez. Hugh mate. Sorry, but you really should retire for good now.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I can easily overlook slight variations in the pronounciation of cyclists names. However, Dumoulin won a stage in this year's Tour de France, so he is, by no means, an unknown cyclist.

I am guessing that Brian Smith is too professional to let his frustration show, but as you say @brockers, it might be time for someone to have a quiet word with Hugh Porter.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Porter keeps going on about 'stevo' being a great time trialer - He just about mentioned Tom D. I don't think that Cummings has got enough time in hand to hold off Dumoulin in the TT. When talking to a team staff person Cummings looked shattered and I think he said "I'm not 100%" whereas Porter said that he thought he said "not here for second". Stevo could barely climb onto the podium.

Last edited:
Top Bottom