Tour of Britain 4-11 September 2016 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
At the risk of coming across as a grammar nobber, I could put up with the commentary were it not for the mangling of continuous verbs

It is "he is sitting"....it is NOT "he is sat"...sheesh. I think Rob Hayles still lives in Hayfield which is just down the road from me. If he does that again I'm going to chuck a brick through his windows

I'll come with you, and we'll get Nick Craig too from down the road as backup (my colleague is his neighbour and friend).

MikeW-71

Veteran
PS has anyone seen Wiggo's "micky take" - he can't have been seriously walking as he hopped off, trotted and hopped back on !
I just spotted some film of it on Facebook, he did it just after the top of the Struggle, hopped off, ran a few steps and hopped back on. Got a big cheer for that.

suzeworld

Veteran
Quiet day in here?

Amazing crowds out today in Cheshire - rumour has it local schools delayed their back-to-school date as a policy arond this race .. great if true!

iandg

Legendary Member
'When you get in the pointy end of a bike race'? Did he really say that?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I ended up on the Bike Channel (also showing it live). The fact that Rob Hayles was, in comparison, the height of erudition says everything about ITV4's monkey team
OJ Borg leading on the Bike Channel. More of a radio presenter than a commentator but often works with Rob Hayles for BBC radio 5's Bespoke and coverage flows in a similar easy style. Bit odd to have race coverage with a presenter and pundit but no commentator, but it's still less grating than Porter and Smith.

Top Bottom