"Tour of Britain - Stage 1 (12/9/09)Exciting meet up ride"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Sounds like you all had a good day in Pock, wish I could have made it. Got to see the race pass at Howden & the leaders get stuck at the level crossing B)

picture.php

Police riders at the level crossing

picture.php

Race leaders stopping to pose for photos :biggrin:

picture.php

Peleton arriving

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Soltydog said:
Sounds like you all had a good day in Pock, wish I could have made it. Got to see the race pass at Howden & the leaders get stuck at the level crossing :biggrin:

Exactly as you predicted!

At least you got to see the riders close up rather than pass in a blur like we did (see below:laugh:).

HelenD123

Legendary Member
About the best photo I have of the day:

3915971699_47fb0b97d8.jpg

And the worst:

You can see by the clapping and photographers that I'd just failed to capture something!

3916772402_34d1bf2a7c.jpg

Spot the leaders!

3915989283_e230088542.jpg

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Arch said:
Craig suggested we should have a 'best and worst' picture competition. So, from Pocklington, my best:

I nominate my photo's 2&3 as my best,

worst - photo1 (missed the broom of the broomwagon!) & 6 for the insert of the scary silit-bang man center photo :smile:

photo 5 is my entry for best & worst as it was a (very) close up of the breakaway two, just obviously got carried away with the zoom lense!

Ps yes I had lots of empty roundabout shots as well:smile:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
The guy at the start of the video is the one who on the highlights programme claimed that Scunthorpe was in Yorkshire:wacko:.

AndrewLincs

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input regarding our trip to stage one.

It was a great success, we went to the climb just beyond Poklington and then skipped across to a section of road about 17 km from the end!

Got some great photos and managed to pick up a bottle.

Does anybody know what team would be using white Elite bottles? It had some sort of glucose drink in it and the letter M written in marker on the lid. Cannot decide if this would indicate the initials of the rider or simply the content.

Any ideas?

Regards

Andrew

zacklaws

Guru
I picked up quite a few bottles last year and all the ones that were marked also had a "m" wrote on them or a "x", and I never figured it out.

You could always tell everyone it belonged to Malcolm Elliot, Tony Martin or one of the other few with a M in there name. Better still though it might be a "W" and it was Wiggo's but their bottles were marked up in the Garmin team colours, I know cos one landed near me but someone else got it first.

AndrewLincs

Maybe its M for glucose drink and X for plain water?

I'm sure they wouldn't want to tip the glucose drink over their heads for a sticky cool down!

Regards

Andrew

Top Bottom