"Tour of Britain - Stage 1 (12/9/09)Exciting meet up ride"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, if the Hull posse are aiming to get there for 11.30, and we want to join them, we need to leave at about 10am, if people can manage that? Anyone else coming to York? I know I originally said 10.15/10.30ish, but if Pock is busy, then getting there earlier might be good.

Went to recce Heworth Stray, which I think is actually called Monk Stray, and check the route through from the Hull Road, seems easy enough. I'll go back home that way too, to make sure.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh and the forecasts I've seen suggest the wind sort of behind us for our sprint stage;), so here's hoping.

Arch

Married to Night Train
As ever, if anyone wants tea afterwards, chez Arch will be open, and about a 5-10 minute ride from the stray. Current record number of guests is about 5 or 6 I think... Alternatively, there are numerous pubs of course.

galaxy1

Is Heworth Stray the bit of green at the end of stockton lane just as you pass the roundabout ? 10am there? I really hope that my wheel gets rebuilt in time.

Arch

Married to Night Train
galaxy1 said:
Is Heworth Stray the bit of green at the end of stockton lane just as you pass the roundabout ? 10am there? I really hope that my wheel gets rebuilt in time.

That is Heworth Stray, but we Yorkies normally meet at the West End of the Minster (the wind tunnel bit where Duncombe Place meets the two halves of Petergate.).

Anyone else?

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Me!

Arch

Married to Night Train
So, just me and Galaxy1 heading for Pocklington via the scenic route?

Shall we arrange a rendezvous point in Pock, or just trust to finding each other? I do have Helen's phone number if all else fails.

Once I'm offline this afternoon (about 6ish), any arrangements/changes will have to be texted to me...

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I assumed we were heading for a cafe first. Any suggestions? Actually, wasn't Craig going to do a recce so he knew where to meet his family. I'll text you if anything appears this evening.

Arch

Married to Night Train
My fave cafe is Hieke's Imbiss, it's at the top of the main shopping street (Market Place), in the fork of the road with Union Street

http://www.pocklington.gov.uk/wendys-tearoom.htm

If it's too busy (it's quite small, but they have tables outside on a nice day), there's a coffee place very nearby (on Union Street, visible from Heike's) where I've had a coffee before (well, hot chocolate actually).

I've also heard good things about the cafe/deli on the corner of Market Place and Regent street, although I've not been there, apparently there is quite a bit of room upstairs.

Perhaps whichever party gets there first should find and bag a place, and then let the other know...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Right, I'm off.

Hoping Galaxy1 checks in and isn't waiting for me at Monk Stray tomorrow while I'm at the west end of the Minster...

See everyone in Pocklington! I'l try and bring some almond slices, but they are a bit crispier than they should be and I'm concerned they might disintegrate during the journey.:ohmy:

Top Bottom