"Tour of Britain - Stage 1 (12/9/09)Exciting meet up ride"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
HelenD123 said:
I assumed we were heading for a cafe first. Any suggestions? Actually, wasn't Craig going to do a recce so he knew where to meet his family. I'll text you if anything appears this evening.

The 'recce' was just for parking for family & then where I'll meet them, more than happy to use Arch's sugestions, though I probably will disapear off to meet / find family when they arrive, then meet back up with you all.

see you tomorrow

colly

Re member eR
Was hoping to make it over to Pocklington tomorrow with JRAB from Garforth.
I have to go down to London instead so dammit I will not be able to.:whistle::blush:!:angel:

Look out for JRAB.

No idea what he looks like mind you.;):wacko:

mike e

A very early morning all,

Just got back from my couple of days down south, 6 hour drive, feeling a bit tired. Hope to make it in the morning 9.30am Beverley Minster, I will set my alarm but I may sleep in. If I'm there - see you soon, and if not, sorry and hope to see you on another ride soon.

Bye for now,

Mike.

I was at the top of the climb over this roundabout from wetwang maybe? I attempted to take 2 crap photos.

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

mike e said:
A very early morning all,

Just got back from my couple of days down south, 6 hour drive, feeling a bit tired. Hope to make it in the morning 9.30am Beverley Minster, I will set my alarm but I may sleep in. If I'm there - see you soon, and if not, sorry and hope to see you on another ride soon.

Bye for now,

Mike.
And?:biggrin:

zacklaws

Guru
Well I got to Scunthorpe almost two hours before the start and rather wait for the team buses arriving etc and get some candid photo's of the riders and bikes etc as they got ready, I stood opposite the podium in a prime position for signing on so I could get shots of all the teams, riders as they appeared to do so and then watched them all set off. Never saw any freebies etc, maybe at the team buses but never saw anyone walking around with any so maybe there was none to be had.

I then moved up to the feed station, near Melbourne I think,to grab some more shots as they cycled through slowly. I was then going to move up to one of the hill finishes and then the finish in York but I felt far too tired, hardly slept all night, to do anything so went home and straight to bed, mid afternoon and never even got out for the ride I promised myself.

On the way home found an Agritubel musette on the route so that was a bonus, suprised no one else had picked it up as there was enough cyclists following on behind doing such.

Looking at the highlights on TV though, glad I did not go as it looked a bit too busy for me, but in a way wish I had as I saw later in the programme they were selling ToB merchandise at the finish.

zacklaws

Guru
Just a few more snaps. The team photo's on the podium were well organised but as predicted it became bedlum as it got closer to the start, with riders turning up piecemeal and with time short the organisers gave up trying to get them to line out as there would always be some one missing etc

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Great day thoughroughly knacked after my 82 mile round trip...

Thanks to helen, arch (look forward to your photo's) & eric for company

& these were the good one's!

BROOMWAGON.jpg

PELETON1.jpg

PELETON2.jpg

SRAM.jpg

closeup.jpg

GALAXY1.jpg

galaxy1

They were f***ing quick those riders !! I couldn't quite believe my eyes! I've never seen owt like it!!

galaxy1

What that picture doesn't show (thankfully) is the amazing beautiful Purple cycling shorts of love!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
galaxy1 said:
What that picture doesn't show (thankfully) is the amazing beautiful Purple cycling shorts of love!!

Whereas this one does:

soreen.jpg

Craig suggested we should have a 'best and worst' picture competition. So, from Pocklington, my best:

best2.jpg

and worst:biggrin::

worst1.jpg

And from the finish. Best:

best1.jpg

and worst:

worst3.jpg

Other highlights included a cafe so full of cyclists we'd overflowed to the pavement outside:

cake.jpg

group1.jpg

a rather jolly whistle-toting marshall,

marshall.jpg

and a couple of 4 legged fans:

dogs.jpg

A great day out, I haven't calculated what percentage of the whole time was spent actually watching the race - about 10 seconds worth of 4 or 5 hours in all!;)

I went home so tired, I mistakenly diluted a glass of lemon squash with milk instead of the chilled water I was aiming for in the fridge....

galaxy1

Arch said:
Whereas this one does:

AAAARRRGGGHHH Dagnabbit!!! xx(xx(

I went home so tired, I mistakenly diluted a glass of lemon squash with milk instead of the chilled water I was aiming for in the fridge....

How did that taste???

Top Bottom