tour of britain visits Swansea...yay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'd spotted that too. In fact the entire blurb is just blurb.

How many laps of the circuit do they do?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
It was absolutely pissing with rain when they hit Constitution Hill - I'll paste a couple of grey and blurry pics when I get a minute. I managed to get a shot of Wiggo's nose - I had him in frame but he swerved towards us suddenly in his understandable desire to run Rich P over, and we were obliged to leap out of the way...

Stood with 515 and Tall Paul in the middle of Dillwyn just lower down from the Potters Wheel so we could see the leaders perform a tight U-turn at Oxford St. back up Dillwyn, then down St. Helens road. TBH it was tight and greasy enough we thought some riders might of gone down.

Fairweather and his dad watched them come down Mount Pleasant and apparently someone did come a cropper at the bottom.

The three of us then legged it back to the finish after what we thought was going to be the last possible second to see the winner come over the line.

Another mate was at the bottom of Constitution and said it was heaving. This true TC? or was he being economic with the "acualité?

Blimey - that really is dull. And there's nothing like exuding confidence in the sport - the blurb includes this line:

"For those who aren’t too keen on cycling there’ll be plenty to do on the day including a foodie’s dream day out at the Newham London Waterfront Festival."

FFS!
Yeah, but who gives a toss about the London stage? The action's in the provinces. :becool::tongue:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Stood with 515 and Tall Paul in the middle of Dillwyn just lower down from the Potters Wheel so we could see the leaders perform a tight U-turn at Oxford St. back up Dillwyn, then down St. Helens road. TBH it was tight and greasy enough we thought some riders might of gone down.

Fairweather and his dad watched them come down Mount Pleasant and apparently someone did come a cropper at the bottom.

The three of us then legged it back to the finish after what we thought was going to be the last possible second to see the winner come over the line.

Another mate was at the bottom of Constitution and said it was heaving. This true TC? or was he being economic with the "acualité?

It was pretty busy up on the sadists' terraces. I think all riders made it up the greasy cobbles relatively unscathed - the only one I saw walking it was wisely sneaking up behind the crowd...

theclaud

Openly Marxist

That turn can be really nasty, after you've come off Mount Pleasant in ski-run mode - I had a fairly spectacular incident down there, when you could still turn right at the bottom (which I didn't actually manage to do, because I was sliding straight ahead instead). Still, I don't suppose today's unlucky rider can blame it on an afternoon of Whiskey Sours...

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

i was just up from you lol, i was just before the bend to the potters wheel!!

That turn can be really nasty, after you've come off Mount Pleasant in ski-run mode - I had a fairly spectacular incident down there, when you could still turn right at the bottom (which I didn't actually manage to do, because I was sliding straight ahead instead). Still, I don't suppose today's unlucky rider can blame it on an afternoon of Whiskey Sours...

He could try but I don't think anyone would believe him? :rolleyes:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
A few pics here. < Or click the picture icon under the piggy.

'Scuse the rain on the lens... If anyone wants to ID the unnamed riders, add a comment...

Top Bottom