Tour of Hampshire CC Ride - 4th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
stevevw said:
When are you planning to do the ride? I may be interested to tag along.

Anytime really apart from this weekend as I'm down to lay new laminate flooring, oh joy of joys:biggrin: After that any Sat or Sunday probably heading off from my house about 10am. I'd not go the exact route to start with as I'm sort of on the way. So you could either meet at my house or we could meet at roundabout where the opening B road joins the A327 Minley Road just short of the A30 roundabout.

You need to be aware that I've only done 24 miles in one hit so far and have just crept up to a 12.3mph average. Couple this with my map reading skills, and inate sense of direction, and it could be a slower ride than you're expecting:biggrin: Would be looking to stop for a light bite half way as well, sure there'll be some interesting country pubs en route. If you're good with all that then I'd love to have the company, but I'm too old, fat and slow to count as a scalp:biggrin:

stevevw

Guru
MacBludgeon said:
If you're good with all that then I'd love to have the company, but I'm too old, fat and slow to count as a scalp:biggrin:

You just described me in the last part of that sentence.

OP
OP
Peter

Peter

stevevw said:
Peter how do the climbs compare to the hill we all rode in Richmond Park. Just so people can judge if they can cope.

Once I re-route, they will not be any steeper than Richmond Park - just more of them ;)

I do a 'loop' from Feltham past Camberley and turn right at the big roundabout before Yateley - towards Bracknell Forest towrds Windsor etc...Fleet is only past Yateley I think so I'm 'up' for this - subject to work etc

Unless I'm totally wrong of course - ;);)

OP
OP
Peter

Peter

Aperitif said:
I do a 'loop' from Feltham past Camberley and turn right at the big roundabout before Yateley - towards Bracknell Forest towrds Windsor etc...Fleet is only past Yateley I think so I'm 'up' for this - subject to work etc

Unless I'm totally wrong of course - ;);)

You are right - don't turn right at the big roundabout - carry straight on over. Keep on the A30, straight over the next one - then turn left at the following one off the A30. 100 yards further and take the second exit. This will lead you to the station. Yateley to Fleet = 4.5 miles

OP
OP
Peter

Peter

I'm planning to ride the route tomorrow morning, once the ice has shifted. I'll be on the look out for a decent cafe (or pub) and to iron out those hills a bit :tongue:

OP
OP
Peter

Peter

After todays ride I've modified the route slightly. New link on first page.
Shaved off 5 miles and 350ft of climbing.

I plan (weather permitting) to ride this new modified route next Saturday,
anyone welcome to join me.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Hi, just realised how close this one is to me so count me in please!

Aperitif, CoG and Radius, you all want to meet up and get there together? I know most of the way there as it is part of my training route.. But, as far as I can remember, theres a few long nasty hills to Camberley, but nothing that shouldnt be fun on the way back!

redjedi

Über Member
I could well be up for cycling there from Brentford

but...but..but....it's 30 miles there. That would make a round trip of 100+ miles if we cycle back as well :evil:

I think I just got cramp thinking about it

redjedi said:
I could well be up for cycling there from Brentford

but...but..but....it's 30 miles there. That would make a round trip of 100+ miles if we cycle back as well :evil:

I think I just got cramp thinking about it

Easy man! Get eating that pasta 'n stuff redpestojedi - the ride will do wonders for your constitution. :smile:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Two training routes which I frequent quite a bit, one turning right into Devonish Road to Ascot, the other right at the Camberley roundabout into Wokingham then Binfield, but ive got no idea of what hills those are sorry, all I know is when to turn left, right, or straight on! haha!

CoG, the langster the fixie?? Oh dear, those hills! Cool, were have to work out a meet point at some stage then.

Redjedi, you can do it! Rather you than me though! hehehe!

Davyw, when you arrive at the roundabout after Staines - instead of heading for the A30 (and toward the Lamborghini garage), take the next turn which takes you past Runnymede Hotel. Follow the Thames and after the café take the next left. That's Priest Hill, which brings you out at Littlewick Green, and rejoins the A30 higher up. A good ride is to turn right at the top and follow the road to Windsor Great Park - quieter for "training" (speaking foreign language now...:evil:) - except when the Polo is on...
:smile:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ah, yes, thanks, I know the one, great fun to go down, sweaty mess going up! I dont like going down hill that one late night when am out as its not all lit.

But I come back through Windsor Great Park, well, A322 back on those routes, but downhill and very fast which I like, those posh ones that drive in the park seem to want to take the whole road up so I dont do it much and Polo is a no no.. Sorry, training to me is anything other than a commute.. haha

Top Bottom