Tour of Hampshire CC Ride - 4th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
redjedi said:
Unfortunately Davy it will only be me and you who won't have hit the Ton by the time we get to the pub.

The south Londeners will have earned their drinks by then.

We may have to circle the car park a few times :rofl:

Any news from Aperitif yet?

Arrrggghh!! *thinks about rising to the challenge/bait/doing the ton*

Okay, we could meet at Faggs Lane Tesco's, loop of Heathrow to Staines, easy 45 min cycle, and then once were back to Staines, my total mileage will be apx 95. This am sure will take you very close to "The Golden Tun" as am not sure where in Brentford your coming from. and certainly over it by the time you get home, if you cycle home that is!

I havent, no....:becool:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
how will I know people at Fleet station, will you be wearing flowers, carrying certain papers?

OP
OP
Peter

Peter

MacBludgeon said:
how will I know people at Fleet station, will you be wearing flowers, carrying certain papers?

believe me, you'll notice us - not many cyclists loiter at Fleet station :angry:

I'll also be wearing my CC bib shorts, not sure about the jersey though, depends on the weather.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
MacBludgeon said:

Your spot us lot easily, were be the red, flustered and knackered cyclists buying train tickets to go straight back home.. :angry:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Well, I've cleaned the bike a bit, tightened all me nuts and am now about to carry out some yoga followed by 3 HRS deep meditation and then there is the blessing ceremony for the bike based on the one used by Tibetin monks. I think by then I should be ready for a ton.
Oh mustn't forget to fill my water bottle! :angry:

redjedi

Über Member
Peter said:
believe me, you'll notice us - not many cyclists loiter at Fleet station :angry:

I'll also be wearing my CC bib shorts, not sure about the jersey though, depends on the weather.

So we'll be the group of pervs, wandering around looking at mens shorts. :ohmy:

I've been shopping and got gallons of Lucozade sport and a large bag of Haribo.

As Sig isn't blessing us with her famous cake, I may just get the oven fired up and make a little mid-tour snack for us (if I can be bothered).

I'm getting a little nervous now. 100 MILES...aaaarrrrghhh

Radius

SHREDDER
You lot on carbon frames (are there any?) better not fill yours though. Apparently a fully filled bottle weighs more than the frame of the Trek Madone. :angry:

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
Arrrggghh!! *thinks about rising to the challenge/bait/doing the ton*

Okay, we could meet at Faggs Lane Tesco's, loop of Heathrow to Staines, easy 45 min cycle, and then once were back to Staines, my total mileage will be apx 95. This am sure will take you very close to "The Golden Tun" as am not sure where in Brentford your coming from. and certainly over it by the time you get home, if you cycle home that is!

I havent, no....:ohmy:

Not sure about the extra loop around Heathrow. I will probably cycle back from the pub if I'm close to the ton. If I've passed it I may get the train (but there's still a ride after that so not much point).

I'll be coming from Syon Lane, next to the park, so staight down the London/Staines Road. Feel free to do a quick 10m spin before I get there :angry:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
redjedi said:
Not sure about the extra loop around Heathrow. I will probably cycle back from the pub if I'm close to the ton. If I've passed it I may get the train (but there's still a ride after that so not much point).

I'll be coming from Syon Lane, next to the park, so staight down the London/Staines Road. Feel free to do a quick 10m spin before I get there :angry:

Cool, see how it goes then! If you do change your mind send me a tx and we best set off from Faggs Lane TESCO's around 8:15.. By which time the Saff Lundin lot would have been cycling already for an hour! hehehe!

Gotcha, used to live off top of Syon Lane! hahaha, or an extra 30 mins in bed...Hmmmmmmmmm....

Catch you all tomorrow!

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
Cool, see how it goes then! If you do change your mind send me a tx and we best set off from Faggs Lane TESCO's around 8:15.. By which time the Saff Lundin lot would have been cycling already for an hour! hehehe!

Gotcha, used to live off top of Syon Lane! hahaha, or an extra 30 mins in bed...Hmmmmmmmmm....

Catch you all tomorrow!

I think I'll take the extra bed time please.

I'll see you at the end of Bethany Waye at 8.30-8.40.

See the rest of you at Staines, and the other rest of you at Fleet

Erm...have I just calculated correctly that we'll have done about 168 miles by the end?

I don't think you have. From Clapham Common and back again I make to be around the 130m mark. But you could get the train back from the pub in Egham which will be about 110m

Top Bottom