Tour of Hampshire from London Mark II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MacBludgeon said:
ok, I'll keep as the 4th and we'll see how it develops.....Al

How about a FNRttC, return and then hit the Dunwich Dynamo later in the day?

I know ilovebikes and arallsopp would be up for it.:biggrin: The toughest bit might be giving in to the train from Ipswich...although the peloton could pop into FFFFs café in Felixstowe, be replenished by Auntie Helen and BoaB whilst drifting through Essex - then hit the A12 for a finale, racing the chavs into Central London and the call of Bow Bells etc...

'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' - sorry just imagining out loud...;)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Aperitif said:

Flying Dodo did that one year. I don't think he'll do it again....

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Aperitif said:

I had that very same thought yesterday and quite frankly it is a barking idea however I am still thinking about it. :wacko::ohmy:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
MacB you filthy slag - I go away for a few days and you're sorting rides.

Unfortunately I'm unlikely to be able to make this one as I'll only be two weeks back from my ride in Sweden and this might put a strain on my kept-man status. As bacon rolls are in short supply at my house, I could just pop up for the breakfast?:biggrin:

I've just cross-posted the idea of a South Hants ride (New Forest, South Downs or Test Valley->Highclere are some of the options) some time in the Autumn. I'll have a think of a few candidate routes and see if they get any interest.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Aperitif said:
Yeah - anyone's tart isn't he? :biggrin:

hey, that's me playing hard to get, I used to be really easy

Yes, I do that sometimes dj - I like the uppy downey bits in the middle as well as the tour of Smiths Lawn (The National Polo Stadium:tongue:). Regarding polo, I am enticed by watching swarthy types on horseback whack a pill up and down manicured sward - don't really understand much, but I do understand why people stand and watch it in air-conditioned tents with chilly champagne at the ready! Any peloton arriving would have to be dressed in Rapha, with a steed of titandamum - or "carbonfibaah!" :smile: Yes - a gentle summer ride, with plenty of distractions on occasion.

Peter

Are we going for the 4th of July? If so, put me down for this one. I might start the ride in sunny Hants but could end up in Staines for the finish (why??)

Peter

User1314 said:
Pity you can't make the ride tomorrow, Peter. Your route was excellent!

I'm at a wedding tomorrow - difficult choice, cycling or drinking - drinking or cycling. Sorry Auntie Helen but guess which one won :sad: ( I'd also be in the s**t as the guy getting married is my new part-time boss (me being the part time))

Top Bottom