Tour of Hampshire from London Mark II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Sat 04/07/09 Tour of Hampshire from London Mark II

Folks, after really enjoying Peters ride, and making promises re my wife doing a cake stop, I was wondering about interest in trying this again later in the year. Maybe something along the lines of:-

Leg 1 - Staines to MacB's for breakfast
Leg 2 - MacB's to pub stop for light lunch
Leg 3 - Pub stop back to MacB's for high tea
Leg 4 - MacB's back to London for mucho beers/kebabs/curry(followed by MacB and bike staggering on to last train home)

These legs are all around the 25 mile mark(22-28 is the range) and it would give extra stops/rest/replenishment compared to last week(easier for the likes of me). I'd get up to the start point by train/car but folks could join the ride at any point they felt like. I'm guessing at about 7 hours saddle timeand 3 hours break time. this would mean back in London for about 1900-2000 for a beer.

If this seems like a reasonable idea then we just need to agree upon a date. Not quite sure how the calendar system works so all input appreciated.

Radius

SHREDDER
Sounds good MacB, not sure about date but sooner is better than later owing to exams etc. (ie past beginning May is getting a bit too late...)

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Radius, I was thinking later, so well past exam times, maybe even into Summer holiday times. Gives us maximum light and, hopefully, decent weather.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I like Leg 4...

Rather nice of you to do this, you wife, she have alteriour motives re entertaining 13 strapping men with buldging calf and thigh muscles? I think she wants to perv over us... hehehe! Knowing my mum, she would too! lol!

I have a few private parking places in Staines, where I work, that can be utilised if needs too..

However, yeh, dependant upon time and date, am up for anything. Could even take in a tour of windsor too if you want, will only add a few extra miles...

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

hadn't really thought on numbers Davy, probably have to cap at about 30. Only so many bacon butties, sandwiches, cakes etc that Jane could/would produce in a day:biggrin:

If I'm really nice then she may well drive me to start in people carrier, then join us for a drink in the evening and bring me home again!

...cross the roundabout at Camberley, head off alongside Bracknell Forest, hang a right and wend towards Ascot, into Windsor Great Park, out and up towards Old Windsor, right towards Runnymede, right and up Crimp Hill, right into the Park again, tour of Smiths Lawn (pref. when the toffs are in residence - to make the Hants posse feel at home :biggrin:) around and out, through Englefield Green, cross the A30 (Route 1) and dive down into Chobham, Weybridge, Brooklands, Bookham etc?... A few big booming hills around there! :biggrin:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

ok Aperetif sounds like you just volunteered to organise the London-MacB's-London legs, we've got the Hampshire loop courtesy of Peter and, with the help of the adorable Jane, I'll be doing 2 pitstops. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me:biggrin:

stevevw

Guru
MacBlugeon

Dates available Here:

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=23759

Let me know what you decide and I will add it to the list with a link to your thread. I will not miss this one.

Steve

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Born on the 4th of July please.. I may be off my tits in Ibiza 1st August.

Crimp hill is going to cause a few swear words in your direction Aperitif!

Davywalnuts said:
Born on the 4th of July please.. I may be off my tits in Ibiza 1st August.

Crimp hill is going to cause a few swear words in your direction Aperitif!

...big party then!:blush:

Davy - Crimp Hill is scenic. I understand the CycleChat barbeque, sponsored and catered for by your firm, is going to be in your staff car park...what time is that then - don't want to be late do we? (Or you could hire your mobile 'cook' from the Tyre Yard to do a "drive-by kebbabing" in Staines...) :becool:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

ok, title changed to state the 4th of July, sounds good, like the idea of the drive by kebabs, didn't know they existed, must be why I find them so hard to dodge.

redjedi

Über Member
No comment....yet :blush:

I've only just recovered from Saturday.

My family think I'm mad. I've gone from doing absolutely no excercise 2 years ago to 100 mile rides.

Let me think about this one, I'll let you know when I've talked myself into it :becool:

Top Bottom