Tour of Sufferlandria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Anyone doing this? Today is the grand depart.

All for charidee, great mates, although I put a decent amount in the tin so I don't intend to pester friends and family. The prize raffle is really quite good. I'm also tracking my rides through Trainer Road, which opens up an additional prize pot.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
I'm in. Club run Saturday morning and I don't want to miss that, so may substitute Elements of Style & Long Scream.....then again, might just have an afternoon sesh as double helpings. Deffo not looking forward to 2.5 hours of sprinting next Saturday. Happy to miss the Sat club run for that!

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hi Mr P!

A proper ride on top of the TdS is a bit beyond my capabilities, so hats if you manage both. Good luck with it.

Link to my TR TdS page here.....

http://www.trainerroad.com/tour-of-sufferlandria-2015/bollo

I'm riding on a kickr which keeps you very honest on the power output, especially in Erg mode. For this reason, even though it's a shorter workout, I find the Long Scream really hard work. Any drop in effort and the kickr piles on the resistance without mercy to maintain the output. It makes me sad.

Stage 8 does look a sod, although in this case the kickr tends to smooth out the shorter peak efforts. If I keep thinking that it'll become true, right?

MrPie

Hey Bollo, kickr looks harsh but fair and prolly a good way to keep you honest / no slackin'.

Club run - check. Kids have got a gymnastics party this afternoon, so I'm gonna be a devil and do ToS too....not sure if it will be a quality session, but I'll give it a shot.

FTP sitting around 260 watts at the moment......prolly a wee bit higher than that if I'm honest, but haven't done a decent balls out test for a while.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Stage 3 in the bank. I'm planning to front load the rides up until Thursday night and rest Friday, ready for stage 8. I did find on the sufferfest site a statement about dropping the target effort against FTP for the three rides. Strictly you shouldn't be able to complete them at FTP. It's advice I'm going to take!

My last FTP test came in at 294W, which I'm cursing.:training::bicycle::surrender::sad::stop:xx(

MrPie

45 mile club run with the fast group + EOS & Long Scream was a real toughie. Power simply wasn't there for the 35min TT and felt reasonably tired this morning. Was a good 20watts off FTP. Blender was OK - felt good throughout and managed some decent sprints during the pain shakes. Went for a measured approach, not balls out.

Front loading sounds smart. Might try and do the same....a bit time crunched but the kids have gymnastics Thursday night so I hve the house to myself for a couple hours. Acute training score is gonna take a real battering this week!

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
45 mile club run with the fast group + EOS & Long Scream was a real toughie. Power simply wasn't there for the 35min TT and felt reasonably tired this morning. Was a good 20watts off FTP.
:eek:
Front loading sounds smart. Might try and do the same....a bit time crunched but the kids have gymnastics Thursday night so I hve the house to myself for a couple hours. Acute training score is gonna take a real battering this week!
Nine Hammers done. A few things going on at home tomorrow, so I might have to cash in my day ahead or get up early. Dodgy knee needs a drink of ibuprofen gel and I'm always prone to cramp, but otherwise not feeling to bad. Keep it up Mr P!

MrPie

....and Grunter Von Agony can shove those 9 hammers up his pooper! Acute score was 89 yesterday and 87 today after fight club. Eh? That just don't make sense. Must try harder.

Keep going Bollo.....pain is temporary, so I'm lead to believe.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
My farking legs hurt!!!!!
If you've ever used Trainer Road you'll know it does 4 distinctive beeps when it's time to change effort. I've started to weep when I hear the time pips on the radio.
.... Acute score was 89 yesterday and 87 today after fight club. Eh? That just don't make sense. Must try harder....
Report to flogging station 8 immediately! :thumbsup:

MrPie

Thank you Sir; may I have another!

9 Hammers? My left testicle! More like 8 kicks in the balls and 1 arse served to you on a plate. 4 down, 5 to go.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Grunter von Agony found me celebrating Bolletta's 13th birthday yesterday. CELEBRATING FFS!!! He had me up at 6:30 this morning for the Angels stage before breakfast to keep the race strategy on track.
What's next for this evening? Local Hero @ 1hr25. F***!

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Local Hero dispatched and six shiny gold trophies on my trainer road Sufferlandria page. I also got my Zwift invite today, so spaffed about 10 minutes-worth of effort pratting about on that before regaining sense.

MrPie

Sweet! 6 goldies means you are really tryin'.

Was up for some Angels alright until the 3rd 8min interval kicked my ass. Just nothin left in the legs......need to MTFU for Local Hero tomorrow.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
T'Rookie complete and the rest day bought with blood and sweat, despite sub-zero temperatures in the pain shed (overshoes on a turbo FFS!). That one properly hurt due to a race diet of weetabix, a couple of slices of toast and a shovel of cadburys heroes at work. Post race nutrition is some off-brand champers left over from Christmas. Get to bed early Mr P, for on Saturday, we dine in hell!

Top Bottom