Tour of Switzerland *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

Didn't see a topic so I thought I'd create one.

Cancellara won the prologue of 7.6km today in 10:21 with Kreuziger in second place 1second behind and Tony Martin in 3rd 3seconds behind.

Skip Madness

It was a very impressive sprint by Heinrich Haussler today. I seemed to have forgotten he existed up until his recent drink-driving twattery, but it was an excellently timed jump to go past the two in front of him.

That climb at the end was really quite nasty, and as Mike Smith intimated looked on the face of it more of a second-category climb than a third.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Massive crash at the end today - Cavendish seemed to come off his line and touch Haussler before he wiped out and took quite a few down with him. Petacchi survived to win. I suspect Cav will be relegated for that!

raindog

er.....
It looked to me more as if Haussler touched Cav's back wheel. We need to find a clip and study it properly. Whatever, it seemed Cav was well set up to take the win.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
From the front it looked like they both moved toward each other but from above it looked 70/30 Cav's fault. Shame as it would be nice to see how Cav is shaping up but at least not too many serious injuries.

Skip Madness

It was clearly nothing malicious or untoward but it was completely Cavendish' fault and the fine is a fair cop (a 30 second deduction is less likely to worry him, I feel).

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Just saw the crash. By the looks of it Cav went close to Haussler but Haussler was the one to hit wheels, it's still Cavs fault for moving left though.

But a nasty crash.

Top Bottom