Tour of the Basque Country, 1-6 April [** SPOILERS **]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
90% of these Spanish towns/villages are blocks of flats.
my homage to David Duffield!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
VDB down!

Caught in a crash at the top of the final climb with 6km to go, back on his bike but no chance of catching up with the leaders now.

Contador descending like a loon to the finish. Henao and Porte still with him. Lead group down to about 20.

nice finish, and fine effort from- gerrans and velits, only a bike length behind. Good to see several garmin sharp riders in the 5 sec behind group.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Another win for Orica. Classic lead out train.The ES comms called it wrong and had Matthews as the winner instead of Impey.
I'm not sure why Gavazzi is the new leader given that Gerrans had the same time and there are no time bonuses - unless I got that wrong.

imagine that as Gavazzi got 4th place yesterday and 2nd today then he gets leaders jersey by a sort of cumulative best placed type thing. Gerrans came over the line 17th today.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The race lead at this point isn't going to have any impact on the final outcome anyway, although I guess it's always nice for someone to get to wear the leader's jersey even for a day.

And today's stage is going to really shake up the leadership race - the finish is incredibly steep. Having heard Sky's DS talking about Henao and Porte actually being co-leaders in this one, I am going to go for Henao today - the finale is made for him, if he's being allowed to go for it. The main man will be Contador of course, and we will really get to see his form right now. And of course, several of the main Basque riders will be giving everything for it too.

OP
OP
Buddfox

Buddfox

Veteran
No chance of a bunch sprint today, I think the final climb ramps up to 21%...! Time to see what Contador has to offer

Top Bottom