Touring bikes under £700

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris James

Über Member
It wasn't like that. It was the attitude that was not shared by others that I spoke to.

The Dawes tandem we used in the end wasn't very impressive. The disc brakes were a pain in the neck, and the wheel tensioning was appalling.

I'm still interested in their touring bikes, as I recognise that they are popular, but I've had better experiences with other manufacturers.

Interesting reading, although I have been pleased with my Dawes Audax. However, my front wheel developed a crack in the rim at a spoke hole (too high spoke tension?). The wheel was replaced with no drama and despite lots of subsequent use of potholey roads they are both true two years on.

Bigwig

Thanks, I was looking at those last night. Does it have rear rack mounts?

There's another similar Ridgeback at the same price. Anyone know what the differences are?

No worries. Yes it does have rear rack mounts. The difference between the two Ridgebacks is the Voyage is a more traditional tourer / expedition (steel frame & forks, touring geared, 36 spoke wheels & 37c tyres), whereas the Horizon is a light tourer / audax (alu frame & carbon forks, triple road gearing, 32 spoke wheels & 25c tyres).

Top Bottom