Touring in Baden-Wuerttemberg and/or Bayern?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Hi all,

I would love to do a tour through Baden-Wuerttemberg and/or Bayern. I have a friend who lives in Hemsbach, near Heidelberg, at the conjunction of the Rhine and Neckar rivers.

The hills around Heidelberg are great too ... I have done the Koenigstuhl und den Katzenbuckel auch.

There's a lovely ride out from Heidelberg, along the Neckar to Eberbach, but its not that far and I would like to go further, definitely right out into the Odenwald, perhaps down into the Bayerische Berge - perhaps round Baden-Baden, or over the other side round Muenchen.

Has anyone toured in this area? I would especially like to do it because I speak German (reasonably!) and I can use my friend's place as "base camp".

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
If you want to get a good impression of both B-W and Bavaria, take the train to Donaueschingen and go along the Danube route to Donauworth and then turn right and follow the Romantische Strasse route to Fussen where mad King Ludwig built his castles.

An alternative is to do the Schwaebsiche Alb route from Nordlingen to the Bodensee and then if you've got time do the Bodensee to Konigsee route. Those two routes are a bit more up and down but the scenery is spectacular.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I'm envious already :biggrin:

Met a chap yesterday who had previously cycled from Augsburg to Hamburg (up the Rhine and across via another Radweg, can't remember which) then he went down the other side of Germany (Elbe perhaps???) and joined another mega route back to Bayern. I should have paid more attention when he was detailing it but it sounded fab, and all (supposedly) well marked Radwege mainly off the paths.

Top Bottom