Touring plans for 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
Thanks for sharing your ideas for 2023. I find inspiration in them.

My plan to cycle from Dublin to Belfast has evolved. When I started doing some planning I realised I would be spending more time on trains and ferries than I would on the bike, so the latest plan is to extend the cycling by getting the ferry to Rosslare and cycling from there to Belfast. That gives me the option of going through the Wicklow mountains and Dublin, or heading northwest skirting the big lumps and city. I'll still have the Cooley and Mourne mountains to enjoy!

The other thing I've identified is that most of the eating and drinking places will be pubs. I need to checkout how that might work for a teetotal vegetarian.
You should let your stomach decide where to go touring , plenty of countries have veggie diets 😂

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
You should let your stomach decide where to go touring , plenty of countries have veggie diets 😂
Good idea!

I'd imagine you have had some great food in Morocco?

Sallar55

Veteran
Good idea!

I'd imagine you have had some great food in Morocco?
Full on veggie? or can you do eggs and cheese, here is an omelette free breakfast with coffee and mint tea.

PXL_20221205_074250535.jpg

PXL_20221205_081349213.jpg

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Early May solo Mini tour planned across the Netherlands, just into Germany and then back via parts of Northern Belgium along the Dutch border.

Night Ferry from Harwich to Hook, the plan is to visit as many National Parks there and back as possible (there appear to be quite a few decent ones). Hoping for cranes, white storks, shrikes, golden orioles, churring nightjars and of course glow worms (though it’s a little early in the season for that).

Just booked my ferry tickets, now sat here tapping fingers on table for 4 months until it’s time to point the bike in the direction of Harwich. Can’t wait!

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
Update:
Warm up mini-tour to Cheltenham and Gloucester done.
Dates set in May for ten days touring in NL and Belgium.
I've gone cool on cycling from Dublin to Belfast after being in the East of Ireland in February and not liking the driving in the towns then.
Keen to train and cycle to Norfolk again in June, and then cycle back to Somerset.

That leaves a gap in September. Mmm.

albal

Guru
Flying to faro Thursday. Ride home. 3rd time .

rivers

How far can I go?
I'm headed to Dartmoor over the Coronation Bank Holiday with some friends. Hopefully it dries about a bit before then.
Anda slight change of plans for my trip with the little man. We've decided to leave from home and do an out and back over 3 nights. He's bee doing really well in his trailer, and can handle up to 25 miles in a day with many stops for playing.

Top Bottom