touring saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
I've got a B17 on my tourer and it is comfortable, but has gone a strange shape (no comments about the shape of my nether regions thank you!:tongue:) and can chafe after a lay off riding it.
I've got Fizik Aliantes on my other bikes. I've done century rides on both saddles. They are both comfortable enough, but I am thinking of putting an Aliante on my tourer:ohmy:
Bottom line - ride what's comfy for you.

If your current saddle is comfy then go for that one. There should be no mythical difference between a saddle used for touring or anything else really.

I have a charge spoon on my tourer, but then again i also have them on my commuter and road bike as I happen to fit them.

This.

I have happily toured on a Selle Italia Flite Ti because I was used to it and, as importantly, it suited my riding position on the bike to which it was fitted.

2949405 said:
True but a person might have a more upright position on the touring bike.

Which is why the same saddle may not work on on different bikes. The Flite is great on the MTB which is fairly a*se in the air, but not so good on my proper tourer, and I have a B17 on that.

I recall a while back that Greg had an interesting post on this: if I remember correctly the more upright you sit the wider the saddle had to be for you to be comfortable

Sterba

Über Member
If one dare mention a saddle that is not made of leather, can I suggest that you take a look at the Terry Liberator gel, male version. The most comfortable saddle this side of an S-Class Mercedes.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Not a modern one, I restored it last summer. Its so comfortable and smooth but quite heavy and the gearing isn't as easy as I'd prefer.
have you been anywhere near a modern one? if you had £1000 in your hand would you get a modern or an older one?
Cheers Ed

LimeBurn

Über Member
have you been anywhere near a modern one? if you had £1000 in your hand would you get a modern or an older one?
Cheers Ed
I have ridden a new one but not extensively - they're good but there are a lot of other options for £1000, other dawes, thorn, ridgeback etc. give spa a ring they have good deals on dawes and their own brand which has had really good reviews.

Top Bottom