touring saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
so a saddle for touring to perch my ar*e on!
i have heard the brooks b17 are great but very expensive so probably off the list
any of the charge saddles any good for touring and long days?
any other recommendations?
Cheers Ed

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
If your current saddle is comfy then go for that one. There should be no mythical difference between a saddle used for touring or anything else really.

I have a charge spoon on my tourer, but then again i also have them on my commuter and road bike as I happen to fit them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
If your current saddle is comfy then go for that one. There should be no mythiccal difference between a saddle used for touring or anything else really.

I have a charge spoon on my tourer, but then again i also have them on my commuter and road bike as I happen to fit them.
yeah i quite like my current saddle (cheap no name one that came on my old bike that a transferred to my new bike :biggrin:)
just want something that will be comfy all day for many days on end
i think one of my LBS's let you test ride saddles
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I have had B17 saddle. I've written a bit about it - it was a pain in the arse :cry:it was OK for the first 30 miles, but after that it hurt
you need to give it 4 or 500 miles to really break in then it will be nice!
Cheers Ed

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
you need to give it 4 or 500 miles to really break in then it will be nice!
Cheers Ed
How to prepare your Brooks properly.

1. Take Brooks saddle and large flat stone and place in tumble dryer.

2. Turn heat on tumble dryer to 40 degrees and switch tumble dryer on for 1 hour.

3. Take saddle and stone from the tumble dryer.

4. Throw away saddle and fit stone to bike - the Brooks should have softened it enough.

(quoted from a different forum) :biggrin:

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
How to prepare your Brooks properly.

1. Take Brooks saddle and large flat stone and place in tumble dryer.

2. Turn heat on tumble dryer to 40 degrees and switch tumble dryer on for 1 hour.

3. Take saddle and stone from the tumble dryer.

4. Throw away saddle and fit stone to bike - the Brooks should have softened it enough.

(quoted from a different forum) :biggrin:
i looked for hours long the beach and just can't find any stones with rails any tips where they lurk?! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

AndyRM

XOXO
Stone-Seat.jpg

I've got a spare if you're interested?

Free for the cost of postage, which will be a lot because it weighs a ton!

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I did the 30 miles was per day, I actually did 27,000 miles using it and it was still no better, my bum is not suited to a B17
oh, okay maybe not for you then! they do say the brooks is great and lovely for some and a weapon of torture for others!
i hear they do hold resale value well though
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom