Touring tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK first recumbent tour this summer to euro velo route from Roscoff towards Nantes. Not far each day because a 5 year old is with us.

I don't know the route but believe it's canal paths, riverside routes, old railway lines and minor roads. So I'm expecting tarmac hard packed gravel, a little hard packed earth but mostly good terrain. My first tour was on bombproof marathon pluses. Second on hypers. This is my first recumbent trip on my streetmachine. It has a variant of marathons racers I think front and rear. I'm thinking 32 front and 38 rear (20" & 26" tyres). I'm about 90kg and I'm guessing total weight to be closer to the 125kg rear suspension limit than I'd like (wish they did beefier suspension).

I'm thinking supremes might not be right. I would like to make it as easy on myself as possible. Due to low speed trip (5 year old) resistance of the tyres are significant. I probably need grip though.

So any wise people out there with recommendations?

My partner uses 1.8" cityjets on 26"on an mtb. I'm wondering if they should also be changed.. Perhaps to match my rear wheel? Can mtb wheels take 38mm tyres?

Suggestions / recommendations needed.

OK first recumbent tour this summer to euro velo route from Roscoff towards Nantes. Not far each day because a 5 year old is with us.

I don't know the route but believe it's canal paths, riverside routes, old railway lines and minor roads. So I'm expecting tarmac hard packed gravel, a little hard packed earth but mostly good terrain. My first tour was on bombproof marathon pluses. Second on hypers. This is my first recumbent trip on my streetmachine. It has a variant of marathons racers I think front and rear. I'm thinking 32 front and 38 rear (20" & 26" tyres). I'm about 90kg and I'm guessing total weight to be closer to the 125kg rear suspension limit than I'd like (wish they did beefier suspension).

I'm thinking supremes might not be right. I would like to make it as easy on myself as possible. Due to low speed trip (5 year old) resistance of the tyres are significant. I probably need grip though.

So any wise people out there with recommendations?

My partner uses 1.8" cityjets on 26"on an mtb. I'm wondering if they should also be changed.. Perhaps to match my rear wheel? Can mtb wheels take 38mm tyres?

Suggestions / recommendations needed.
Marathon plus tough tyres and should suit your needs, cant believe no one has chimed in, enjoy your bent

Top Bottom