Tourists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The Borough Council appear to have a policy of actively dissuading visitors by turning Northampton into one of the the most carp towns in the country. Not sure about the policy but you cannot fault the vigor with which it is being implemented. The County Council have now picked up on the idea and have decided to take the whole country down as well.
I lived in Northampton for about 4 years ... went back a few years ago ... was genuinely shocked at just how run-down it was!!! A friend of mine still lives there, and does some work with the council ... she is highly critical of them!

screenman

Legendary Member
We get loads in Lincoln, I would imagine most go away disappointed.

Tracy

Parking is definitely a bone of contention where we live, there's not much and despite great public transport links folk seem determined to drive to Whitley Bay.

The area is undergoing some pretty significant regeneration, most notably Spanish City, which is long overdue so there's a weird mix of impressed visitors and locals who moan that it's taken far too long to get to this stage. There aren't many foreign tourists but plenty from the surrounding areas.

Most folk come for the beach and a few of the better known places, handy being local and knowing where to avoid and when!

Originally from whitley bay. Just cycle through these days. Keep meaning to get myself down and see the changes thats been done. Far too many years they let it run down so pleased its changing. ^_^

AndyRM

XOXO
Originally from whitley bay. Just cycle through these days. Keep meaning to get myself down and see the changes thats been done. Far too many years they let it run down so pleased its changing. ^_^

When SophRM said she wanted to move here I recalled all the terrible things I had done and seen whilst drunk on South Parade. Happy to say it's a far more family friendly place these days, and the new Spanish City is mint. Well worth stopping off at.

Shame NIMBYs blocked the proposal for the bike hub in Tynemouth.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General

When SophRM said she wanted to move here I recalled all the terrible things I had done and seen whilst drunk on South Parade. Happy to say it's a far more family friendly place these days, and the new Spanish City is mint. Well worth stopping off at.

Shame NIMBYs blocked the proposal for the bike hub in Tynemouth.

Fish 'n' chips in the car park looking out towards the lighthouse :okay:
Not been to Spanish City revamp yet, but will do soon

Tracy

Fish 'n' chips in the car park looking out towards the lighthouse :okay:
Not been to Spanish City revamp yet, but will do soon

Last time I visited I was so sad the see the outdoor paddling pool. What a state it was. Many a happy memory there.
Grew up in that retunda as my mum worked there. Be good to see what they've done to it.
It's a lovely ride along the seafront , I like to just tootle on my trike and take in the views.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I live in a small coastal town which is quite popular with visitors. It seems extremely weather dependent and mostly "day trippers" from the less attractive areas nearby. Most come by car, then spend an hour in the gridlock before finding a pavement on which to abandon their car. If they didn't insist on parking within 100 yards of the river, they would find loads of parking spaces, but that would involve actually having to walk...
Having managed to wrench themselves away from the car, next stop is the chip shop, or for the wealthy ones - Nardini's ice cream. Then a wander down the prom to feed the seagulls (despite the signs asking them no to do so). Half an hour later, boredom has set in and the lure of some publicity hungry talentless prat on the evening TV sends them back to the car and another battle with the traffic to get home. Why??

Cavalol

Guru
Getting a bit busier here more recently in Chester. They're welcome as far as I'm concerned, unless they're one of the shiny Matalan suited race goers who throw up/urinate/fight every ten yards, in which case they are welcome to never ever visit 'my' city ever again.

We get loads in Lincoln, I would imagine most go away disappointed.
No not at all, i made my first visit to Lincoln in May and thought it was a decent kind of place We spent a few hours there and it was a blazing hot Sunday with loads of tandem riders in town.I was dawdling along admiring the machines, much to the annoyance of mrs marshmella.

midlife

Guru
I live in a small coastal town which is quite popular with visitors. It seems extremely weather dependent and mostly "day trippers" from the less attractive areas nearby. Most come by car, then spend an hour in the gridlock before finding a pavement on which to abandon their car. If they didn't insist on parking within 100 yards of the river, they would find loads of parking spaces, but that would involve actually having to walk...
Having managed to wrench themselves away from the car, next stop is the chip shop, or for the wealthy ones - Nardini's ice cream. Then a wander down the prom to feed the seagulls (despite the signs asking them no to do so). Half an hour later, boredom has set in and the lure of some publicity hungry talentless prat on the evening TV sends them back to the car and another battle with the traffic to get home. Why??

Largs?

Top Bottom