TP's Campagnolo TT Shifter Fitting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
FFS I've been at this for over an hour.

Previous Dia Compe shifter fell apart during my last race, obviously three times outdoors was too much for it. And made for an IM70.3 UK 'interesting' bike leg.

IMG_8605.JPG
IMG_8606.JPG
IMG_8607.JPG
IMG_8608.JPG

All easy so far...despite having to replace the nearly new gear cable as well...then shifter no.2...

It just *will not* go back together, (per image 2) after installing the base into the bar.

Its busting the cable too.

F. F. S.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
And done.

2 frickin' hours.

Had to take the right shifter apart a few times.

It's immensely clunky shifting, so may need some fine tuning.

I can't get my torque wrench in, nor enough grip on the shifter to tighten the expander bolt to 5Nm, so there is some play. Neither to I wasn't to crack the carbon aero bar.

:rolleyes:

I put 10sp capagnolo TT shifters on my TT bike conversion and upgraded to 11speed on the current frame so I know the pain you went through. Now its done though the return to center campagnolo looks a lot better than shimano. I think I'll change my poles from S bend to J bend and I may change the base bar too, so I have all that to go through again plus internal cabling (which was easier when there was no BB, the rear brake will be a particular pain). I think I'll wait till the close season :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
I put 10sp capagnolo TT shifters on my TT bike conversion and upgraded to 11speed on the current frame so I know the pain you went through. Now its done though the return to center campagnolo looks a lot better than shimano. I think I'll change my poles from S bend to J bend and I may change the base bar too, so I have all that to go through again plus internal cabling (which was easier when there was no BB, the rear brake will be a particular pain). I think I'll wait till the close season :rolleyes:

Yeah.

On the plus side, the shifting worked perfectly and immediately without any adjustment. This has literally never happened to me. ^_^

Top Bottom