Tracer trike Conversion from fixed to 6 gear.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The Trike bike does have a one piece axle however 1 of the wheels does not have a driver on it so it simply rotates on the shaft and neither brakes or drives. Very similar to the back end of my Kentex apart from where they have mounted the freewheel and rear mech.

Just out of curiosity as I last rode a trike in the 70's, but does two freewheels on that Pashley prototype mean that both left and right cranks have a chainwheel?

Shaun

Nope, the primary chain runs back to a jackshaft. Two chains run back from this - one to each rear wheel. Each with a freewheel. The benefit is that it does without a rear axle and this allows for a lower cargo bed floor. It won't be happy going round corners mind.

Haydena

Regular
[QUOTE 4410001, member: 45"]Seriously, the bikes are very very poor. The cheapest components, incredibly heavy. Jorvik pretend that they're hand built in York. They're not. As a result of contact from this forum they removed some of the lies from their website.

Obviously it's your choice at the end of the day, but I would never recommend them to anyone. The company appears to be a couple who know nothing about bikes. Had ours not been damaged it would still not have functioned properly. Ineffective brakes and gears that could not be set up properly.

Another member recommends a different trike on that thread I linked to. I'd suggest you read the thread before you decide.[/QUOTE]

Sadly I have become a victim of Jorvik recently but I guarantee a legal fight If I do not get a refund. They are rood, insulting and accused me of slander because I tell the truth which they do not like, oh yes they were friendly at the point of sale. To cut to the chase as we say, they think they can blame the builder, even though after time it became evident that the trike was faulty before build and now the electric wheel is juddering in mode 3. I have no reason to lie and the electric trike format is wonderful for me and my little jack Russell and I have loved my mission manual for two years now but need power for the hills on my new journeys, Im devastated as buying a trike is not that easy. regards H p s has anyone else experienced loud knocking from the back of a JorviK electric trike

Sadly I have become a victim of Jorvik recently but I guarantee a legal fight If I do not get a refund. They are rood, insulting and accused me of slander because I tell the truth which they do not like, oh yes they were friendly at the point of sale. To cut to the chase as we say, they think they can blame the builder, even though after time it became evident that the trike was faulty before build and now the electric wheel is juddering in mode 3. I have no reason to lie and the electric trike format is wonderful for me and my little jack Russell and I have loved my mission manual for two years now but need power for the hills on my new journeys, Im devastated as buying a trike is not that easy. regards H p s has anyone else experienced loud knocking from the back of a JorviK electric trike

As something if an expert in the area of tricycles and electric assist tricycles I'm happy to provide technical advice if you think it might help your case.

Haydena

Regular
As something if an expert in the area of tricycles and electric assist tricycles I'm happy to provide technical advice if you think it might help your case.

Hello Mickle
Important.....Please note everyone, the difference in this paragraph compared to the one above........ (They are rood, insulting and accused me of threatening slander) Threatening, is the added word! thank you.

Haydena

Regular
Ajax they are not the same at all and the difference makes all the difference, you have completely misunderstood, so here is the difference. They are rood, insulting and accused me of slander, verses they are rood insulting and accused me of (threatening) slander. I was just correcting what I was chatting to mickle about but I forgive you.

Haydena

Regular
The loud knocking is undoubtedly a faulty bearing. Par for the course with cheap Eastern tricycles which are built to such a low price/poor quality.
I know mikle and you are correct, also the electric wheel is juddering on mode three. I have a video which includes the juddering and the knocking which will be part of my case against Jorvik if they do not refund my money.
The thing is Mikle that mine was not cheap at £1150 PLUS THE BUILD. I have found a mission electric conversion, built, for a similar price, I will dig out the link. I have to say that I was not looking for cheap but instead value for money and so £1600 would have been fine if its good quality. p s thanks for your help! H

Last edited:

Haydena

Regular

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOu2PubFP5s
This is the straw thats broken the camels back. They had sent me the baring set, but since the electrics became faulty, whats the point of paying for the bearings to be fitted, especially as I have paid a reputable technician £160 to replace other parts from them free of charge. A gesture of good will they said, more like acceptance of a faulty product in my opinion and from experience.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Ajax they are not the same at all . . . but I forgive you.
@Haydena - please look at your post #100 above - the quotes are the same, and neither include the word 'threatening'. What are you 'forgiving ' me for btw? This advice on avoiding a particular tricycle maker has diverted off thread into 'rant' mode, it seems to me.

Haydena

Regular
@Haydena - please look at your post #100 above - the quotes are the same, and neither include the word 'threatening'. What are you 'forgiving ' me for btw? This advice on avoiding a particular tricycle maker has diverted off thread into 'rant' mode, it seems to me.
Maybe you are seeing it all different to me as I am on a mac or maybe its all got mixed up and gone out of thread and context. Have a nice evening Ajax regards Hayden

Haydena

Regular

Before things went wrong we were loving it! picture below is my 17 year old Jack Russell sausage dog who is the love of my life! so the last thing I want is all the aggravation from Jorvik! and the fear of a potentially dangerous trike! in my opinion.

Attachments

• Reg in trike.jpg
    Reg in trike.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom