Track bike options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveT

Über Member
Really enjoying the accreditation at Newport, using the hired Dolan pre cursa.

I'd like my own bike to fit to me, so what are the options?

Dolan? Who else?

colly

Re member eR
Boardman
Planet X
Moda
Wiggle
Ribble
etc

The big question is.....how deep is your pocket.^_^

midlife

Guru
I quite like the colours of the Cinelli Vigorelli :smile: track frames should always have a lot of white lol

Sharky

Guru
Be aware when looking at track frames. There are a lot out there that are pure track frames, in that the front forks are not drilled for a brake. If you want to practice/train on the road, then a front brake is required.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Me and no1 son are doing a taster session at Newport on Monday!

I'd love a Bianchi Super Pista, personally...

OP
OP
D

DaveT

Über Member
Looks great AlanW but I need. 60cm frame

OP
OP
D

DaveT

Über Member
How many sessions does it take to achieve accreditation?

Beginners course 2 weeks
Improvers another 2, then test

The coaching has been great so far and although variable abilities/speeds everyone seems to be gaining confidence quickly

OP
OP
D

DaveT

Über Member
Picked myself a cheap Dolan track champion second hand, which came with some decent cranks and finishing kit.psints a bit shoddy and headset was borked but can get it powder coated if it's upsetting me.

Done secondhand tubulars should turn up Tuesday, so should've good to end of week, happy days.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Well, me and No1 son are going for it too. Never had so much fun on a bike for years; it reminded me more of when I used to do classic m/c racing and track days than anything I've done on a bicycle.

Son took to it too. We'll use the hire bikes for the accreditation and then probably buy a bike to share. He's a couple of inches taller than me but we can get away with it for now. @DaveT when are you going to compete?

And NO I'm not just doing this as an excuse to buy more bikes.

Top Bottom