Track pump from Lidl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfang

My wife purchased an aluminium track pump from Lidl, the idea being that he could pump up his Zuonde himself! I have had a look at it, the packaging would suggest that the connector is dual purpose. I have tried, but I cannot get it to fit either presta or schrader valves or the Zounder! Has anybody else got one of these? Am I doing somethin wrong??

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Is your wife a he or she?

I bought a Lidl track pump last year and the it comes with both Presta & Schrader. I've two bikes one with each type and it fits them both, though got hold it tight with one hand and pump with other.

OP
OP
G

Goldfang

Sorry!! thats what comes from hurrying! What the worlds worst typist meant to say was that my wife bought this pump for my son! As he is 15yrs old he soon uses up the air on his zounder trying to catch the attention of all the young ladies on his way to school.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
My experience with the Lidl and Aldi track pumps is that they are made of cheese and the best thing for them is to return them to the shop whilst you can still get a refund.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I have used one of their Aluminium pumps for a couple of years now, fantastic value at the price, use it keep my tyres at 100/110psi - Presta valves - eventually had to replace the head as the rubber washer became worn, but only what you would expect from any pump used regularly. Seem to remember the lever on the head closed in the opposite direction to what was instinctive - try various positions. The head should push down over the valve and then lock in position by moving the lever. If it doesn't, take it back - they are usually very good about returns/refunds.

C

chillyuk

I had a Lidl pump and no way would it go above 60psi. I gave it away in the end. I bought a Reebok trackpump from Wilkinsons, cheaper than the Lidl one, and it is perfect.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Maybe I was just lucky on that occasion then. I bought 2 of them last time they were on offer a couple of years ago and they have been fantastic. I keep one at home - most used - replaced the head with a Topeak brass chuck, and the other in the car for when I travel with the bike. Mind you, I steer well clear of their plastic track pumps, and you have to be selective with ther cycling kit.

Clive Atton

Über Member
i had one and it was fine for the best part of a year until I pumped my tubs up to 140 psi (a bit of a struggle) - I think a one way valve gave up the ghost. They seem exceptional value and I'll buy another this week , but will stop at 100psi.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Is Lidl air good quality though?

Top Bottom