track pump.....how did i manage before

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gelfy666

Über Member
the wife bought me a cheap track pump for Christmas, having never used one before i cant believe how great they are!! all those years with a foot pump and a hand pump, wish id had one then.

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
the wife bought me a cheap track pump for Christmas, having never used one before i cant believe how great they are!! all those years with a foot pump and a hand pump, wish id had one then.
I got one today and couldn't agree more!!

Yep...

I even use mine for pumping up the car tyres. People look at me "gone out" but it works, shifts more air than a flimsy footpump and gets the job done.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've had a Zefal hp malamut for about 12 years. It can still pump 120 psi into my inner tubes and is useful at blowing up car tyres,though it takes some pumping!:pump: Hand pumps can't compete as you can only use your arm strength to pump whereas with trac pumps you use your whole upper body!

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
That said, I have a smashing Lezyne frame pump, which is beautifully made and being thin, allows me to pump a good pressure by hand without too much effort.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
the wife bought me a cheap track pump

My 'cheap' track pump lasted about year before it recently became a game of blow-chase - me pumping like crazy, the pump leaking air - and so I've recently acquired a Joe Blow Sports 2 (recommended by various people here) which is heaven.

My cheap track pump was purchased in 1997. The barrel is rusty and the old-school hose is starting to fray on the material outer (the rubber is still fine)

I also have a plastic one for keeping in the workshop due to damp. It was more expensive than the cheap metal one but isn't as good.

U

User33236

I bought myself the Btwin track pump for Decathlon shorty after getting my second last bike on CWS scheme and immediately wondered why I'd messed about with normal hand pumps before.

KierenT

Regular
Got a Boardman track pump last year - no more sweating for this boy; plus I like my hybrids well pressured. Small pump kept in the kit bag for those 'limp home' moments.

Top Bottom