tracker bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
anyone remember them from the 80s? usually built from a road frame with flat (sometimes cow horn etc) bars and always single speed (something like 30x15ish iirc), sometimes even fixed. the tyres were like knobbly road tyres. the saddle had to be a particular brand (which escapes me) to look good.

my mate built one, i had it for a bit before swapping it for a bmx ;)

ChrisKH

Guru
Mate, we were building them in 1977.........;)xx(

Tynan

Veteran
I had something chopper like called a tracker

3 speed gears mounted onto a car like gear selector on the crossbar, rectangular gold frame, padded fauz leather sat like a Harley complete with back rest

very very cool

Tynan

Veteran
and here it is, although mine was cool gold

dianabike_175x125.jpg

Tynan

Veteran
alecstilleyedye said:
not really, that sort of bike tynan. although imagine riding that fixed…

I didn't think you did mean that, it looks unrideable now although I remember it as an excellent bike, I suspect most of the time was spent striking a pose in the playground

Pecan

Hell yes! Built one from some old shopping bike in around 1975. Hugest cow horns I could find, 3 speed hub, frame hand painted with some green Humbrol. Had a knobbly tyre on the rear. It was the business. Sold it to a mate years later who promptly got it nicked, 'twas the last I saw of it.

Might be the reason my favourite bike now is a beach cruiser. I'm new to all this forum'ing, does anyone else ever mention beach cruisers or should I keep quiet about that?

Top Bottom