Tracks you hate on albums you love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
A pretty obvious segue off the killers & fillers thread, but playing Abbey Road, an album I've loved for forty years+, and probably prefer even to Sgt Pepper, except that it features the truly terrible Maxwell's Silver Hammer and the, sorry Ringo, just awful Octopus's Garden. They're not 'filler', they're teeth-grindingly bad, and not in a good way.

He'd let us in
Knows where we've been
In his octopus's garden in the shade

How can he know where you've been in his octopus's garden in the shade, Ringo? He's letting you in. So you haven't been anywhere in his octopus's garden in the shade have you Ringo? Well, have you?

Sheesh.

So, beat that for terrible tracks on great albums. Remember: we're not looking for fillers here. We're looking for the kind of tracks that make you want to break a beer bottle over your own head, just for the distraction.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Peppermint Twist on Sweet's otherwise faultless Sweet FA

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad from Bad Out of Hell.
Agreed!
:ohmy: That's one of my favourite songs! Well at least the album version is.
Try listening to the entire album at 22:00, 01:00, and 04:00 four or five nights a week for a year and see if you change your mind about it...
I did a factory night shift for a year and one of my co-workers insisted on playing the entire Bat Out Of Hell album 3 times a night on his huge portable stereo. Meatloaf may tell you that '2 out of 3 aint bad', but played loud in the middle of the night over 600 times I can assure you that it bloody well IS! :laugh:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
A pretty obvious segue off the killers & fillers thread, but playing Abbey Road, an album I've loved for forty years+, and probably prefer even to Sgt Pepper, except that it features the truly terrible Maxwell's Silver Hammer and the, sorry Ringo, just awful Octopus's Garden. They're not 'filler', they're teeth-grindingly bad, and not in a good way.

He'd let us in
Knows where we've been
In his octopus's garden in the shade

How can he know where you've been in his octopus's garden in the shade, Ringo? He's letting you in. So you haven't been anywhere in his octopus's garden in the shade have you Ringo? Well, have you?

Sheesh.

So, beat that for terrible tracks on great albums. Remember: we're not looking for fillers here. We're looking for the kind of tracks that make you want to break a beer bottle over your own head, just for the distraction.
+1 from me, also Yellow Submarine, love the rest of the album and the film but hate the song with a passion.

Money from The Dark Side of the Moon. Hate it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think that you are spot-on there! My sister was a Beatles fan in the 60s and I used to listen to all of her records. I got to hear Abbey Road a couple of days after it was released and also hated those 2 tracks. (God, was it really over half a century ago - I am getting old! :sad:)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Agreed!

Try listening to the entire album at 22:00, 01:00, and 04:00 four or five nights a week for a year and see if you change your mind about it...
A neighbour back at my mum and dad's house about 1979/80,played the Bat Out Of Hell LP very loud about 3 times a day. She lived across the street and had her windows open so we could all listen to it,whether we liked it or not.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom