Traffic droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
14 pages on a ex member. He really has had quite an effect on this community.
When does this become cyber bullying or have we passed that point already?

Hip Priest

Veteran
I think certain people on here need to remind themselves that we're talking about a successful professional man. He knowingly promotes himself as Traffic Droid, and works hard to increase his media presence. Some viewers enioy his videos, others criticise them.

It's no more bullying than a journalist criticising a record they don't like.

OP
OP
S

Soup890

Crazy
I think certain people on here need to remind themselves that we're talking about a successful professional man. He knowingly promotes himself as Traffic Droid, and works hard to increase his media presence. Some viewers enioy his videos, others criticise them.

That's true once your in the public eye your open to criticism

gaz

Cycle Camera TV

Haters gunna hate.

I get some hate on LFGSS and some mtb forums, such is life.

Shaun

Founder
The thread hasn't been locked because nothing has been reported. If something is inappropriate, report it. Mods don't have time to read everything that is posted on CC, so reporting will make us aware.

As to the thread, there is scope for a discussion about whether TDs approach to educating people about poor driving/safer cycling is helpful, neutral, or harmful? (or possibly a bit of all three!)

And whilst he is an ex member of this forum, he also courts publicity to raise awareness so threads about him and his activities are going to appear in forums, blogs, and social media; and CC is no exception. He should expect it, and indeed it may be part of the reason he does it.

The discussion should be respectful though, so instead of trying to moderate each other simply report what you feel is inappropraite and let the moderator team deal with it. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Shaun

Last edited:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
[QUOTE 3031880, member: 30090"]Did you preach about lane discipline by any chance?[/QUOTE]
Bit rich coming from you. But no, I don't comment on either forms, I'm just aware there are posts there about me.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Got any links so we can agree with them :whistle:

L14M

Über Member
[QUOTE 3032398, member: 30090"]Rich? OK then, tell me oh wise one how someone would be in the wrong lane at a red light when there is nothing to tell them on the contrary, i.e. lane markings and road signs.[/QUOTE]

Mate, He did it every day..

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3032398, member: 30090"]Rich? OK then, tell me oh wise one how someone would be in the wrong lane at a red light when there is nothing to tell them on the contrary, i.e. lane markings and road signs.[/QUOTE]
Experience and common sense.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
As I have said several times. It happens to him regularly at this junction. You watch the other road users at that junction, all of the ones in the lane he uses goes straight on towards the thames. However, he changes lanes shortly after, causing regular conflict with other road users.

The point is, if you use the road regularly, and shoot is happening regularly, it's a good idea to look at how others are using the road and try to fit into the system to avoid any issues. He doesn't want to do that though.

In the video linked previously, it didn't help that the driver behind him was also in the incorrect lane and had to change lanes, essentially crossing over each others paths.

Do we need to have signs and directions in lanes to say which to use for what exit or direction? Surely there is a bit of common sense that if you are going rightish, you don't use the left most lane.

You are the only person that disagrees that if you need to change lanes shortly after you have set off from some traffic lights to take a different exit/direction, then you are in the incorrect lane in the first place.

This isn't about right or wrong, this is about looking at your own riding and improving it and learning about how others use the road. Many of us that run cameras do that and we get feedback from others that use the same junctions and they tell us how they tackle them. We aren't all perfect and we can learn from others. However some people do not want to. And that is the point.

L14M

Über Member
[QUOTE 3032412, member: 30090"]I'm not your mate, and refuse to be addressed as such by someone who feels the need to substitute a '4' for the letter 'A' - you were given that name and 'Liam' is a good name.

Back to the subject in hand, unless you have something to add or can answer Ga2's question on his behalf then please do.[/QUOTE]
Your right, "Liam" is a good name, so good its already a taken username. At least I didn't make a stupid username up like Beano3 or something..
[QUOTE 3032413, member: 30090"]Wrong.[/QUOTE]
Anyway, back onto subject, care to explain your reason behind this?

L14M

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
[QUOTE 3032424, member: 30090"]Thank you for clearing that up, that with respect to the RTA (or otherwise) he was not in the wrong lane.[/QUOTE]
What RTA? LOL

L14M

Über Member
[QUOTE 3032432, member: 30090"]Beano is a reference to my favourite comic as a kid, and a slant on what I do for a living. And like yourself Beano1 was taken so Beano 2 was the user name I used.

There is no reason other then the fact that he is not in the wrong lane.[/QUOTE]

I think you should man up and explain your reasons? Then perhaps learn why everybody else disagrees with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom