Traffic droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L14M

Über Member
[QUOTE 3032436, member: 30090"]RTA= Road Traffic Act

Your ignorance is spell binding Gaz, now I know why you feel the need to take the **** out of TD's riding not to mention give a round of applause to a cabbie has overtaken you.[/QUOTE]
Better than a red card...

L14M

Über Member
[QUOTE 3032448, member: 30090"]People can disagree all that want Liam. After all opinions are like peanuts, everyone's got one.

But, bottom line, he's not in the wrong lane.[/QUOTE]
Guess that's your opinion then, I suppose we all just disagree with it. Perhaps @gaz we should leave it at this?

L14M

Über Member
[QUOTE 3032456, member: 30090"]It's not opinion, it's fact.[/QUOTE]
No its your opinion, encase your unsure what "opinion":
opinion
noun
  1. 1.
    a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    "that, in my opinion, is right"

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
[QUOTE 3032436, member: 30090"]RTA= Road Traffic Act

Your ignorance is spell binding Gaz, now I know why you feel the need to take the **** out of TD's riding not to mention give a round of applause to a cabbie has overtaken you.[/QUOTE]
Apologies, I thought you were saying Road traffic accident. I didn't get your reference to the Road Traffic Act, as there is no law about being in the incorrect lane, that would be silly. No one has also made such a reference to such a law expect from you.

Anyway. I edited my last post just after I posted, presuming you don't re-read all the comments, I'll add it onto the bottom of this comment.

The initial point is not about being in the right or wrong lane (that is the route you took it down.). The point is about looking at your own riding and improving your self. He has had multiple issues on this junction, all similar scenarios where he crosses traffic and he gets closed passed etc.. Now, what should you do in a situation like this where you are continuously getting issues? Perhaps look at your self and others and see how people are using the road, you could then adjust your riding if you are wrong and avoid all those issues?

My self and countless other camera users have done just this, we get feedback from others on how they use the road and what they think. We can then learn and improve. Are any of us perfect road users? Of course not, but those of us that run cameras are in a unique position where we can learn. Unfortunately some don't seem to take that on board.

In addition to that, being in the incorrect lane isn't about being right or wrong or laws or the road traffic act. It's about avoiding being hit, avoiding having issues and avoiding getting into conflict. It may surprise you, but some of us don't go looking for trouble.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
This says he is in the wrong lane
hc_rule_185_follow_the_correct_procedure_at_roundabouts.jpg

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3032476, member: 30090"]Nay here or there TBH.

What I do expect though is when I'm in the correct lane at a red when I pull away and I want to move over to the next lane, I'm able to give a clear signal and move across without a load of people telling me other wise.[/QUOTE]
If there are 3 lanes at a set of lights and you want to change as soon asyou move off, you were in the wrong lane.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
[QUOTE 3032476, member: 30090"]Nay here or there TBH.

What I do expect though is when I'm in the correct lane at a red when I pull away and I want to move over to the next lane, I'm able to give a clear signal and move across without a load of people telling me other wise.[/QUOTE]
I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. The point people are making is that if it constantly brings you into conflict (in some cases nearly getting knocked off), would it not be a good idea to think about approaching it differently?

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3032491, member: 30090"]Er, no I'm not. And especially not when all three lanes have arrows pointing straight ahead.[/QUOTE]
That is only because of the unusual layout of that junction. Whitehall has four lanes at Parliament Square. The left one has its' own set of lights for turning left towards Westminster Bridge, the other three are for going straight on into Parliament Square. If there was a left turn arrow there, then people would turn towards Westminster Bridge from the wrong lights.

Colin B

You know what I actually thought this was a forum for grown adults to come to , but this isn't the first post I've seen end up as a virtual pissing competition with supposedly grown adults resorting to bitchy little comments I'd expect from children .
I honestly have never seen a forum where this shoot is allowed to continue as long as it has , but thanks for doing so as this is hilarious
If someone wants to say TD is a donut its their opinion ,if someone wants to say he rides a back badly its their opinion and if someone wants to have user names like LI4M or beano3 its there choice or the only one available .Honestly and I mean this in a nice way don't you feel a right numpty with some of the stuff you've posted in here or are we going to continue with my dads bigger than your dad next , get over it and move on except some love TD and some thinks he looks and acts like a right prat .

Colin B

Why would I be joking this thread has gone from ppl with opinions to petty name calling do you actually consider this the behaviour of grown adults I personally don't I've got a 10 year old who acts with more maturity than I've seen here at times and when two ppl start slagging off each others names it really has gone to the playground level

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Why would I be joking this thread has gone from ppl with opinions to petty name calling do you actually consider this the behaviour of grown adults I personally don't I've got a 10 year old who acts with more maturity than I've seen here at times and when two ppl start slagging off each others names it really has gone to the playground level
That isn't really what my question was regarding, nice italics BTW.
What I was refering to was your statement that you'd never seen such behaviour on an internet forum, you should visit a few more :thumbsup:

Colin B

Yeah I don't know how the italics thing happened tbh , but with regards the playground stuff never might be a bit strong . Yes I see it on other forums , but it doesn't continue as long as it does here ppl just accept they have different views and it doesn't end up in name calling so to speak.
My apologies if i was slightly incorrect

Shaun

Founder
You know what I actually thought this was a forum for grown adults to come to , but this isn't the first post I've seen end up as a virtual ****ing competition with supposedly grown adults resorting to bitchy little comments I'd expect from children .
I honestly have never seen a forum where this **** is allowed to continue as long as it has , but thanks for doing so as this is hilarious
If someone wants to say TD is a donut its their opinion ,if someone wants to say he rides a back badly its their opinion and if someone wants to have user names like LI4M or beano3 its there choice or the only one available .Honestly and I mean this in a nice way don't you feel a right numpty with some of the stuff you've posted in here or are we going to continue with my dads bigger than your dad next , get over it and move on except some love TD and some thinks he looks and acts like a right prat .

Yeah I don't know how the italics thing happened tbh , but with regards the playground stuff never might be a bit strong . Yes I see it on other forums , but it doesn't continue as long as it does here ppl just accept they have different views and it doesn't end up in name calling so to speak.
My apologies if i was slightly incorrect

Your last three posts - a commentary on member behaviour - don't really relate to the topic under discussion though either, and don't really help it to move forward in a way that an on-topic post might.

Perhaps everyone should simply get back on topic and if there's any more silliness just use the Report function to make the moderator team aware. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom