Traffic - It's Back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Tarts,we've had the Olympic traffic.:tongue:

2012 BMW's in the mix.:ninja:

and parking enforcement smart cars pulling out without looking. although i suppose the twonk being on the phone didn't help WF912 was his badge number if anybody cares.

commute home was busy, stratford gyratory was nuts, i used the games lane ( empty) to whizz past the crawling traffic. but its good to be riding again.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
and parking enforcement smart cars pulling out without looking. although i suppose the twonk being on the phone didn't help WF912 was his badge number if anybody cares.

commute home was busy, stratford gyratory was nuts, i used the games lane ( empty) to whizz past the crawling traffic. but its good to be riding again.

Are we allowed to do that without being shot on sight?

I sneaked in there for a few seconds this morning and felt instantly guilty.

subaqua

What’s the point
Are we allowed to do that without being shot on sight?

I sneaked in there for a few seconds this morning and felt instantly guilty.

i am married, i am used to being made to feel guilty , even though there is nothing to be guilty of. it helps with my riding so its an asset not a liability :smile:

al78

Guru
Indeed. Specifically from park way to the cisswood house hotel. I'll not use it further south peak time as that way lies madness (and the A272)

Have you considered going through the back roads via Plummers Plain, past the golf club and round the back of Mannings Heath? That cuts out about a third of the A281 and isn't any further, it will be a bit slower as it is single track road on which you often get horse riders and pedestrians.

Another possibility is to cut out the A281 entirely and go along the Hammerponds road, depends how you feel about undulations though.

I quite like that stretch of the A281 from Lower Beeding to Horsham, it is a net descent with a decent road surface so you can sustain 20+ mph easily along there. I haven't used it a peak times though.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Have you considered going through the back roads via Plummers Plain, past the golf club and round the back of Mannings Heath? That cuts out about a third of the A281 and isn't any further, it will be a bit slower as it is single track road on which you often get horse riders and pedestrians.

Another possibility is to cut out the A281 entirely and go along the Hammerponds road, depends how you feel about undulations though.

I quite like that stretch of the A281 from Lower Beeding to Horsham, it is a net descent with a decent road surface so you can sustain 20+ mph easily along there. I haven't used it a peak times though.
Considered, done, many many times, and discarded in favour of A281. In all cases the routes, hills, and roads themselves are fine. The behaviour of the other road users on them leave a lot to be desired. Staplefield/Slaugham/Hammerponds is often my way home.

400bhp

Guru
Very quiet coming in to work this morning. Most odd, given it was heaving on the way home.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Back with a vengeance this morning. Temporary traffic lights in Cuckfield, of course they've had the whole summer to do the work but let's wait until the schools go back, Chummy in a white Audi A5 rides his horn all the way through the road works because, no doubt if I 'get out of his way' the six cars in front are going to do what, evaporate?

Hip Priest

Veteran
Warrington was quiet this morning but expect more traffic later in the week, just need Creamfields to clean up the road (dried mud all over it) - that must have been a messy weekend :dance:

I was back in Warrington over the weekend and I couldn't believe the amount of cyclists I saw. Things have changed a lot in the last few years. I even shouted 'Allez!' at a pair of quick roadies in Sankey.

You've got a Decathlon now an' all, you lucky sods.

freewheelwilly

Bloody nightmare this morning. Plenty of yummy mummy's in their over sized cars that they've not driven all summer now meandering all over the place, pulling up randomly all because Tarquin and Beatrice can get to school rather than get on a bus or walk.

Little rant over....

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Bloody nightmare this morning. Plenty of yummy mummy's in their over sized cars that they've not driven all summer now meandering all over the place, pulling up randomly all because Tarquin and Beatrice can get to school rather than get on a bus or walk.

Little rant over....

W-Panzers.

Look mate are you surprised they won't let their kids walk or cycle to school,there are some right loonies out there.:wacko:

Top Bottom