Traffic - It's Back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A41 towards Finchley Road was chock-a-block with many tossers texting and being important whilst driving...there seem to be a lot more Easybus too, which is ennerving. Add in the silent scarers, the motorbikes - rapidly accelerating and braking while using the bus lane - and it is "School's in for Autumn"
Get rid of the motorbikes from bus lanes, and get a realistic 'no debate' catch, fine and disqualify process in place, Boris, David, Lord Snooty - whoever...but don't harp on about "legacy" (ffs) / cycling / Olympic success and then do nothing about it eh?
Make it better Boris*

* or your regional equivalent.

potsy

Rambler
That must have been the busiest I have ever seen it coming through Cheadle tonight, was a filtering machine as I passed scores of cars :bicycle:

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I miss it for another week as I'm on a course Mon- Fri, I ride 100yards on the flat, downhill for about 1mile and I'm there :blush:

al78

Guru
Back with a vengeance this morning. Temporary traffic lights in Cuckfield, of course they've had the whole summer to do the work but let's wait until the schools go back, Chummy in a white Audi A5 rides his horn all the way through the road works because, no doubt if I 'get out of his way' the six cars in front are going to do what, evaporate?

I'm amazed how much worse the motorist attitudes appear to be on your commute compared to mine, despite the fact that we are starting from approximately the same place. I have some temporary road works to deal with now near the care home on the Sussex/Surrey border but I haven't had any impatient drivers beeping their horns at me. Very odd.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
W-Panzers.

Look mate are you surprised they won't let their kids walk or cycle to school,there are some right loonies out there.:wacko:

I agree. I wouldn't let my 5 and 7 year old kids walk to school on their own (the missus walks them). I despair when I see the Mums on my street taking their kids to the local Primary school. F'Gawds sake, it's less than 200 yards away, but the fat Mums take their fat (or soon to be fat) kids in the car.

defy-one

Definately busier today. A couple of close passes. One being a London to Oxford coach on the Uxbridge Road?????
Got really tired on the way home. That darn laptop is killing me!!!!
On ebay now looking for a netbook!!!

al78

Guru
I agree. I wouldn't let my 5 and 7 year old kids walk to school on their own (the missus walks them). I despair when I see the Mums on my street taking their kids to the local Primary school. F'Gawds sake, it's less than 200 yards away, but the fat Mums take their fat (or soon to be fat) kids in the car.

It's possible they are dropping the kids off en-route to somewhere else and thus it is more time efficient to do this than walk the kids to school, walk back then drive to wherever they were ultimately going.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm amazed how much worse the motorist attitudes appear to be on your commute compared to mine, despite the fact that we are starting from approximately the same place. I have some temporary road works to deal with now near the care home on the Sussex/Surrey border but I haven't had any impatient drivers beeping their horns at me. Very odd.
I suspect it is because your commute doesn't end in another town, nor is it routed along a rat run used by folk coming to and from the A23. What, for instance, is the longest regular traffic queue on your commute?

course it could be different riding styles too.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It's possible they are dropping the kids off en-route to somewhere else and thus it is more time efficient to do this than walk the kids to school, walk back then drive to wherever they were ultimately going.
They still don't need to try and park in the school foyer - friend of mine used to drop her kids off on the way to work, she would park about 5 + mins walk away and then walk with them the last bit to school.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Traffic was definitely worse yesterday for me, and I suspect it will be even worse today as more schools go back.

Top Bottom