Traffic - It's Back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Most of our Schools are in tomorrow, but the traffic queue's are now back !

Filtered past the usual bottle necks near home - what was 10 cars over the summer is now half a mile long :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
bah.. off work for a couple of days looking after jnr...
Not looking forward to all the traffic being on the roads..

BSRU

A Human Being
Unfortunately it does seem the holidays are over, seemed to be more cars than normal out and about, quite a few bikes out as well.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Not much today but I did have to pass a small queue on the A4147 which hasn't been the case for some time. Tomorrow I expect it'll be rammed all the way along as usual during term-time.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Warrington was quiet this morning but expect more traffic later in the week, just need Creamfields to clean up the road (dried mud all over it) - that must have been a messy weekend :dance:
North warrington and the A57 wasn't so bad this morning, should be interesting on the way back tho!

MisterStan

Label Required
I'm pretty lucky that most of my commute is nowhere near the roads (guided busway), i did notice the traffic queueing going into Cambridge near to my office, but that actually helps as i'm crossing the road at that point and it was at a standstill. Seemed a bit quiet for cyclists though this morning!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My fave route in is quieter than normal as it is usually a bit of a rat run to the A23 and there are major roadworks on that road involving a number of junction closures hereabouts. Taking my second fave route in allows me to share the road with all the diverted traffic. Oh the joy. Deeply unpleasant on the way home but better than reverse of fave route in as a return journey evening peak when the last 5km of single-carriageway A road become a 4x4 vs insignia race track with Audi A4 drivers handing out punishment passes.

May have to start from home at 07:00 to get in for 7:45 - 7:50, though that may mean I encounter some of the eight o'clock breakfast club traffic at the secondary school I have to pass, and discipline myself to leave work 'early' i.e. at some time vaguely relating to a seven hour working day to avoid the worse of the evening numpties.

potsy

Rambler
Hee hee, certainly busier outside work than it has been for a good few weeks, got to filter past all my colleagues as they sat in almost gridlock :laugh:

al78

Guru
My fave route in is quieter than normal as it is usually a bit of a rat run to the A23 and there are major roadworks on that road involving a number of junction closures hereabouts. Taking my second fave route in allows me to share the road with all the diverted traffic. Oh the joy. Deeply unpleasant on the way home but better than reverse of fave route in as a return journey evening peak when the last 5km of single-carriageway A road become a 4x4 vs insignia race track with Audi A4 drivers handing out punishment passes.

May have to start from home at 07:00 to get in for 7:45 - 7:50, though that may mean I encounter some of the eight o'clock breakfast club traffic at the secondary school I have to pass, and discipline myself to leave work 'early' i.e. at some time vaguely relating to a seven hour working day to avoid the worse of the evening numpties.

Is that the A281 you are referring too?

Top Bottom