Traffic warden on the take?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm presuming that you either didn't see my reason/excuse for parking on that grassed area,or you chose to conveniently ignore it.
Like I said, they've all got one. What's so special about yours?

Drago

Legendary Member
Good advice Drago,but i've always thought that when say councils and others say keep a diary of events and times etc that i or others could just make them/it up or exaggerate a little. Would they take my word for it?

Try it and see. The worst they can could do is say 'no". Back it up with a few discrete photos of Johnny Warden walking past the blatant offenders. Discretion is the key though - some folk get self righteous and start waving cameras about in offenders faces, and then get all upset because the offender gets wound up and lumps them. This is the scenario we wish to avoid.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My advice is - don't park on the grass verge.
Well i haven't done since i found out it was classed as parking on double yellows. I still think it's daft though,as like i said earlier, i was yards away from the road or pavement. The only problem i envisaged was the housing association pulling me up for 'damaging the grass/turf',but i did it knowing it was dry as a bone,so no damage would be done.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Ok,i'll explain. There's a grass area next to the flats here. I parked there when as i said all the parking spaces had been taken. Technically i was parking on double yellows(even though i was about 5 yards from them) as according to what i've been told,double yellows cover right up to an adjoining building. It seems daft as i wasn't blocking the road or pavement in any way,which i presume double yellows are there to prevent. These vehicles from the MOT centre ARE blocking the road and pavement,but nothing is done about it!

As I understand it, the area covered by double yellows does extend across the path and/or verge, right up to any property boundary, not necessarily to a building.

So you might be fine to park on the grass if it's privately owned and you have consent from the land-owner.
But it also depends what land you drive over to reach that grass.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
As I understand it, the area covered by double yellows does extend across the path and/or verge, right up to any property boundary, not necessarily to a building.

So you might be fine to park on the grass if it's privately owned and you have consent from the land-owner.
But it also depends what land you drive over to reach that grass.
Good point. The land is owned by the housing association,but then isn't that council owned land meaning it's public not private? You also have to mount the pavement and drive over double yellows to reach it,so i dont think it's allowed.

Drago

Legendary Member
The prosecution threshold is 25 metres, otherwise 2/3 of the UKs motorists would be in court by Friday. So provided you don't travel more than 25 metres to do so, you won't be prosecuted for crossing public owned land to get to a bit of private grass to park on. That may change if the government follow Scotland and make pavement parking an offence, but for the moment Accy you can go for it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The prosecution threshold is 25 metres, otherwise 2/3 of the UKs motorists would be in court by Friday. So provided you don't travel more than 25 metres to do so, you won't be prosecuted for crossing public owned land to get to a bit of private grass to park on. That may change if the government follow Scotland and make pavement parking an offence, but for the moment Accy you can go for it.
Thanks Drago. I'm still doubtful that it's private land though. Even if it was/is know for a fact that if i contacted the housing association they'd say i couldn't park on it.

Top Bottom