Traffic warden on the take?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Thanks Drago. I'm still doubtful that it's private land though. Even if it was/is know for a fact that if i contacted the housing association they'd say i couldn't park on it.
But not part of the highway.
It is the Road Traffic Act, not the council-owned-bit-of-grass act! But better to find a 100% legit place to park rather than face the wrath of some on here, eh?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
But not part of the highway.
It is the Road Traffic Act, not the council-owned-bit-of-grass act! But better to find a 100% legit place to park rather than face the wrath of some on here, eh?
I only parked there once. Actually i'm surprised the MOT centre hasn't started parking on there as well as all the other spots they nick. Perhaps that'll come later when they get busier and busier.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
[QUOTE 5321042, member: 45"]You shouldn't be parking on a grass verge. No excuse. Yet you're moaning about others parking where they shouldn't.[/QUOTE]
He's aware of that. have we not established it was a separately-owned bit of grass, and not the verge of the highway?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5321042, member: 45"]You shouldn't be parking on a grass verge. No excuse. Yet you're moaning about others parking where they shouldn't.[/QUOTE]
Yes but i'm not parking in dangerous to others spots,like the MOT centre is doing,which is the main point of this thread.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not wanting to detract from the topic in hand,but i got 2 more last night,which keeps me at the top of the leaderboard.:whistle:
I have to say....that really offends me. As a non paid director of the RSPF I must take issue.
However...If you wish to electronically swat a few traffic wardens I can turn a blind eye to that.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well i haven't done since i found out it was classed as parking on double yellows. I still think it's daft though,as like i said earlier, i was yards away from the road or pavement. The only problem i envisaged was the housing association pulling me up for 'damaging the grass/turf',but i did it knowing it was dry as a bone,so no damage would be done.
Absolutely true story. Years ago I parked to go into a shop. Double yellows all along the STREET. Close by was an empty factory with locked gates and a driveway. I parked on the driveway .....so INSIDE the yellows. Came back 5 minutes later to find a ticket. I wrote to Manchester council and got a nice letter back explaining......technically yellow lines should be painted on the properties but as they cant do that we have to "assume it"......so either pay up or take us to court.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Absolutely true story. Years ago I parked to go into a shop. Double yellows all along the STREET. Close by was an empty factory with locked gates and a driveway. I parked on the driveway .....so INSIDE the yellows. Came back 5 minutes later to find a ticket. I wrote to Manchester council and got a nice letter back explaining......technically yellow lines should be painted on the properties but as they cant do that we have to "assume it"......so either pay up or take us to court.
So did you take them to court?:whistle:

Moderators

Legendary Member
Mod Note:

Thread has now been cleaned up and reopened.

Please be aware of the following when posting:

Guidelines

• Conduct – Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, stalking, bullying, trolling and general disrespect. Personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behaviour are not acceptable. If you don’t agree with someone's opinion or advice, say why politely, don’t just put them down or tell them they are wrong or insult them.

• Personal differences - During your interactions with other members you may find you develop strong personal differences. Politics, lifestyle choices, technical expertise, and many other differences are a natural part of being in a large community, but should be dealt with politely and limited to the threads regarding those subjects; they should not develop into continually disagreeable or disruptive behaviour towards each other, and should not impact on the rest of our community. If you don't like someone, put them on ignore. If you refuse to ignore them or continue to engage negatively, you can expect to be moderated.

Offences that can lead to a ban

These offenses can result in temporary forum suspensions or permanent exclusions. If you get a reminder, heed it!

• Harassment. Purposely intimidating a particular member, harassing them, sending them rude or unwanted personal messages, derailing their threads, etc. This includes personal attacks on moderators for doing their jobs.

• Trolling. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you temporarily excluded and/or banned.

Top Bottom