Trailers & 'BWSOW's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRHysted

Guru
Sa

She taken it with f-in-law
Daughter followed on in her own car, so she can come home, when she wants
They've got to the site, but it sounded very noisy & argumentative in background, as they couldn't reverse onto the pitch
(it's a fairly open site too)
I guess it will be my fault that they can't :whistle::whistle:

(it seems they're going to use the motor-mover)

Ahh the motor mover, reducer of many an argument.

Ahh the motor mover, reducer of many an argument.
Barring the 'struggle' to over-centre it, so it's on the tyres!

figbat

Slippery scientist
I have done in the past, you just have to get the position correct or it jams on the ground

With that in mind, I keep meaning to, but haven't, put a ratchet in there, from one of my socket sets (& a spare socket) so it can't

Mine takes 180° to engage, so I start with the handle around 9 o’clock and it finishes around 3 o’clock.

Sunday 19th

Just been to Wandahome (by FerryBridge services/jct 33 - M62)
This Buccaneer looked nice in definitely not white
D56FF5DE-6DD5-44D3-ACD0-6D6F780DA8B9.jpeg

It does,however, come at a not insignificant cost!!
650C9DA0-460B-401D-B706-9AE527E56386.jpeg

DRM

Guru
To keep at the recommended 85% of tow vehicles kerb weight you need a vehicle with a kerb weight of 2341 kg, surely at £2 per liter these days for diesel the market for such a thing is going to become very limited, always makes me chuckle when manufacturers say a model can tow 3500 kg, Land Rover made the claim of 4000kg, but with the caveat of having air or an electric brake system on the trailer, and you were to set off in low range to get the whole lot moving, the current test iirc is the ability to move off on a slope, with no regard for the state of the clutch, or auto box and it’s atf afterwards

Sa

She's taken it with f-in-law
Daughter followed on in her own car, so she can come home, when she wants
They've got to the site, but it sounded very noisy & argumentative in background, as they couldn't reverse onto the pitch
(it's a fairly open site too)
I guess it will be my fault that they can't :whistle::whistle:

Forgot!!
(Saturday)
They had to ring again because they couldn't unhitch
Despite f-in-law having had caravans & watching me everytime I unhitch, they couldn't separate the 2............
It seems that, on suggesting things to them, that they'd not lifted the handle to disengage the 'lock'/'wedge' that keeps hitch on the ball

Plus..........
(this morning)
I had a call, as they couldn't plus the 13-pin plug in
It had done the 'twist-trick' to a certain extent, where nothing aligns
I didn't tell them that I have the (little green) alignment tool, but it was in my Kodiaq:whistle:
(I put it in the 'van, when I met them at the storage yard)

They didn't want to manoeuvre it, but it would have been very awkward from where she pulled up, so it was motor-mover............... which to my eyes seemed a lot longer way of doing it

Top Bottom