Trailers & 'BWSOW's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thursday 27th

One of the wheel-clamps hadn’t been fitted, upon Joannes return yesterday, they couldn't be bothered to
'jiggle it about' to line up the wheel-spokes appropriately, so l’ve driven straight over from work to refit it
All 4 legs just off the ground, & a slight twisting/pushing on the a-frame saw it lined up for correct fitting

04BC30EE-2436-43AA-B664-0151408D885F.jpeg

It’s one of the Al-Ko models
A71B020E-E45C-44E0-8683-D867B053D080.jpeg

I need a new ‘yellow thread cap’, as it’s got chewed up

Last edited:
Thursday 27th

It might scrub up well?!

DC917800-28F4-436B-B111-408B804462E3.jpeg

GilesM

Legendary Member
Thursday 27th

One of them hadn’t been fitted, upon Joannes return yesterday, so l’ve driven straight over from work to refit it
All 4 legs just off the ground, & a slight twisting/pushing on the a-frame saw it lined up for correct fitting

View attachment 666012

We were looking at the Coachman vans recently at the Motorhome and caravan show, currently no plans for a bigger van, but we were impressed, really well finished inside.

DRM

Guru
We were looking at the Coachman vans recently at the Motorhome and caravan show, currently no plans for a bigger van, but we were impressed, really well finished inside.

You won’t go wrong with a Coachman, they are very, very well built and tow nicely

Jameshow

Veteran
Question

Given the amount of trucks that have (due to legislation, l assume) side marker-lights, that double as side repeater indicators, has anyone retro-fitted them to their caravan?

I'm considering just that for our 'BWSOW', & replacing the side-markers with dual-function units

Thanks in advance

Don't know...

Do you have an amber light on the back since it's pulled by only 150bhp 4x4!!!

DRM

Guru
I’ve never seen repeater indicators on an HGV trailer, having them on the tractor unit is only like having them on your car, in the front wings or the door mirrors

figbat

Slippery scientist
I’ve never seen repeater indicators on an HGV trailer, having them on the tractor unit is only like having them on your car, in the front wings or the door mirrors

Agreed. Never seen side repeaters on a HGV trailer. Side markers, yes, as found on caravans as well as the white/red corner markers.

Reactions: DRM
Last edited:
I need another trailer, well I've told SWMBO that I need one:laugh:

Sadly, I can't justify another Ifor-Williams, even to myself, & I'm not sure I need one that big anymore
Quite frankly, it was a pain to store too, as things were stored in it, & I had to empty it to use it (nternally, it was 6' 6" x 4')
So, something around the 5' x 4' (or 5' x 3' ) would probably be fine

I'm thinking of asking if I can go & see this, at the weekend, as it's only at York
https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-part-accessories/tipping-trailer-for-sale-galvanised-steel/1445799244

Last edited:
Question

Given the amount of trucks that have (due to legislation, l assume) side marker-lights, that double as side repeater indicators, has anyone retro-fitted them to their caravan?

I'm considering just that for our 'BWSOW', & replacing the side-markers with dual-function units

Thanks in advance
Given that I asked the question, has anyone spotted any whilst driving? (particularly on the motoways)

Top Bottom