Trailers & 'BWSOW's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I much prefer to see the old Fodens/ERFs/etc… of the showmen, with a ‘wagon & 2 drags’
Eg;

post-230-1231889631.jpg

DRM

Guru
Now that's a caravan!!! :eek:

View attachment 651631

Showman’s trailer I wonder if it’s one of those where the sides slide out

Re; Top Gear (on Dave, from Nov 2021)
Electric cars & light-weight caravans

The site was at Berwick-upon-Tweed, the old (early 1600s) bridge, that carried The Great North Road, into the town, & the Royal Border Bridge (rail) could be seen in the background
We've not stayed at that site (at Spittal), but have been on East Ord, about a mile to the west

Last edited:

GilesM

Legendary Member
Picked up our first caravan a couple of weeks ago, really impressed, I have never towed anything before, but it was no problem, the power and weight of the defender made things very easy. Impressed that the caravan is fitted with snow tyres, should make the winter trips more fun.

1658833879400.png

GilesM

Legendary Member
View attachment 654483
@GilesM
That's what Flintoff used in the Top Gear, I mention in 'the last but one' posting above

The caravan that was actually used in the Top Gear show was in the showroom when I collected mine, it was complete with a life size Flintoff cardboard cut out. We also looked at the Barefoot caravan, but we decided the small teardrop was what we really wanted.

D

Deleted member 26715

Didn't know they had a caravan park, does that go down well? We got some funny looks when we turned up in our buggy & parked across the road.

Didn't know they had a caravan park, does that go down well? We got some funny looks when we turned up in our buggy & parked across the road.

Yes, you book directly, details on website
It’s accessed up the gravel track, as you enter the car-park gates
https://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/camping/

It’s going to be the ‘bike & rock/blues’ festival area, on Sat 13/Sun 14, as far as l know

Last edited:
Wife booked to return to Sunnyview, just west of Doncaster, for Fri 19th/Sat20th
I believe that her & f-in-law are taking the BWSOW down with the Q3?

Change of plans
I’m now, so l’m told, picking f-in-l up, collecting the 'van from the compound (l finish at 14:00)
Then taking it down to the site, pitching up with him
Then she’s driving down, to a fully prepped BWSOW

However, that is primarily due to the compound locking up at 17:00, & she’ll probably not lock the office up till 16:30

My plan was to just go over about 16:30, take it out with my Kodiaq, then wait on access road until she arrived, then hitch it onto her Q3
Now we’ll both be enjoying the A1 queues, just south of FerryBridge, as it goes from 3 lanes to 2, before Darrington

Last edited:
Top Bottom