Trailers & 'BWSOW's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sunday 4th

We’ve been up today
Daughter, & her b/f, came up in his works-van, & brought his jet-washer
Yes, it was turned down, so as not to penetrate any window surrounds/seals
I was going to travel up with them, but went from home, with the awning still in its boxes

IMG_9045.jpeg

The awning looks okay now, the pitch slope’s slightly, hence the ‘van being up on a ramp, to the nearside
IMG_9047.jpeg

IMG_9048.jpeg

Last edited:
Got to have another trip up there this morning, as SWMBO thinks she left electric on, so the heater will be switching on/off?
Plus, they left a dog-lead there (that l prefer to use)

There might be some ’Geographs’ on the drive up (or back home)

EDIT @ 15:45
The main power was off, & awning hasn't sagged..... .yet

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
Sunday 4th

We’ve been up today
Daughter, & her b/f, came up in his works-van, & brought his jet-washer
Yes, it was turned down, so as not to penetrate any window surrounds/seals
I was going to travel up with them, but went from home, with the awning still in its boxes

View attachment 720772

The awning looks okay now, the pitch slope’s slightly, hence the ‘van being up on a ramp, to the nearside
View attachment 720773

View attachment 720774

I know it's a Coachman, with a better built roof, but i would not have had anyone standing on the roof of ours, then blasting it with a pressure wash for good measure, turned down or not, you'll wreck the seals, there's still a fair bit of force coming out of that lance looking at that photo

figbat

Slippery scientist
I know it's a Coachman, with a better built roof, but i would not have had anyone standing on the roof of ours, then blasting it with a pressure wash for good measure, turned down or not, you'll wreck the seals, there's still a fair bit of force coming out of that lance looking at that photo

I’m happy to stand on my Bailey roof, although I use a bucket and sponge for cleaning.
1707317042290.png

DRM

Guru
@DRM
He also had the brush up there for the joints/seals

the mastic is only capable of coping with the output of a hose at most, it's job is to keep rain water out, and a pressure wash will rip the decals off before your eyes, again the windows and their seals aren't designed to cope with a pressure washer either, as for standing on the roof, that's a definite no no, they're not designed to cope with that weight in one small spot where your feet are.

Sunday 11th

Rather convoluted, as a drop-plate!!
IMG_9134.jpeg

The Dixon-Bate unit that was on my 110s was far easier/more logical
'Factory 'D-B photo'
Towing. Technical. Dixon-Bate Adjustable Drop-Plate.jpg

I'd taken it off my 110Tdi Hard-Top, when I sold it

Towing. Technical. Dixon-Bate Adjustable Drop-Plate 2.JPG

All LR's had this on them
Immeasurably safer, with separate ball & pin

Towing. Technical. Dixon-Bate 'Pinball Wizard'.gif

A slightly reamed out (minimal) bow-shackle, for a recovery strap/winch hook
(on my 110Td5 'Heritage')

Defender. S50 RAT. Towing. Recovery. Shackle.JPG

Last edited:
It’s not impressive in any kind of way, it’s just downright dangerous and irresponsible. I believe the Honda CRV can tow up to 1,500 kg; that will be approaching double that.
As stated, dangerously impressive, in that anyone could even consider it

I've no idea where the photo originated, but it looks like it could be an Ifor-Williams trailer, so

DRM

Guru
It’s not impressive in any kind of way, it’s just downright dangerous and irresponsible. I believe the Honda CRV can tow up to 1,500 kg; that will be approaching double that.

I'd put money on it that that tractor alone weighs between 4 to 5 tonnes and the trailer about 1 tonne as well, that's rated at 3.5 tonnes laden, so it has a capacity of 2.5 tonnes, the tractor will be twice the trailers load capacity, the idiot should have the book thrown at them and be banned from driving imho

Top Bottom