Trailers & 'BWSOW's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wednesday 2nd

I took my father-in-law to Wandahome’ earlier, we were also there on Sunday
It's the BWSOW dealer near FerryBridge Services, where we bought our present Coachman

I think l convinced him that these are little annexes for dogs….. :whistle:

IMG_6905.jpeg

IMG_6904.jpeg

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Sunday 30th

Nipped over to ‘Wandahome’ after work (by FerryBridge Services, where the ‘old’ A1 & M62 intersect)

This was inside
All that space, & it has a fixed bed (side -side) taking up room
It can’t be seen in this photograph, but there’s a ‘vanity light’ on the a-frame fairing that illuminates the front panel!!!
Is it an attempt to emulate the ‘tall-fin lights’ on passenger aircraft that illuminate the airlines logo?
View attachment 700835

Hmm…. 4x4 caravans!!!
View attachment 700834

View attachment 700836

2000kg wow!!

Sunday 20th

I wasn’t certain which thread to include this photograph in, but as it’s towing, even if it is for a record attempt, l thought maybe in here

Granted it might have only about 10 miles range at that weight, but it’s impressive for a van!
Ballasted, as it states, with 7 tons

’Truck & Driver’ magazine
August edition
IMG_7135.jpeg

IMG_7136.jpeg

Fastpedaller

I just saved these trailer bearings :blush:. After a wet journey at the end of July, I've eventually got around to checking the hub bearings. It's worrying that such damage can be done by only about 20 miles in the rain! See attached photo. This was the first journey since cleaning/adjusting them last year. After removing all the black grease. What grease is best to use in these? I've just used beige multi purpose with the thought that marine/waterproof probably won't help if water is getting in (the oil seals on the inner bearings don't seem to stop the water. My go-to waterproof grease Silkolene RG2 would be much too viscous I think...... which brings me to the next 'issue'. They are tapered roller bearings, adjusted by castellated nut and split pin, so it's possible the bearings can run around the stub axle. I'd expect a spacer tube between the inner and outer bearings (with suitable shims) so the castellated nut can be set to clamp the inner races so they don't turn on the stub axle, but the bearings run freely. Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCI0088.JPG
    DSCI0088.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 5
Sunday 29th

I initially thought this towbar had been damaged, but l presume it’s how it’s designed?
It does look very odd indeed!!

Lakeside Car-Park
Keswick
Cumbria

IMG_7957.jpeg

This appeared as a 'Suggestion'/You Might Like', on my FaceBook
Nissan. 3.jpg

This was the accompanying text

Nissan Patrol, she was petrol and now Diesel, has a healthy big grunt truck sound...Is six wheel drive, and has 10 speed G box two sticks... has a fifth wheel turntable... The rear axle is made up of a front drive, and the next step is to make it steer as well... The Back axle drives through a pulley and belt transfer ... has a Hendricks style back suspension with coil and air bag suspension... It's all Certified...I had it up my drive for 4 hours or so, and it's where it should have stayed...I should mention, she was a station wagon, and has been shortened, the back doors have been seamlessly shortened, and have fixed glass...Manufactured by Joe Oliver, a mechanic and light fabricator

I scrolled through some of the comments to find more pics
Nissan. 4.jpg

Nissan. 1.jpg

Nissan. 2.jpg

Fastpedaller

I just saved these trailer bearings :blush:. After a wet journey at the end of July, I've eventually got around to checking the hub bearings. It's worrying that such damage can be done by only about 20 miles in the rain! See attached photo. This was the first journey since cleaning/adjusting them last year. After removing all the black grease. What grease is best to use in these? I've just used beige multi purpose with the thought that marine/waterproof probably won't help if water is getting in (the oil seals on the inner bearings don't seem to stop the water. My go-to waterproof grease Silkolene RG2 would be much too viscous I think...... which brings me to the next 'issue'. They are tapered roller bearings, adjusted by castellated nut and split pin, so it's possible the bearings can run around the stub axle. I'd expect a spacer tube between the inner and outer bearings (with suitable shims) so the castellated nut can be set to clamp the inner races so they don't turn on the stub axle, but the bearings run freely. Any advice is appreciated.

Brought "to the top" again in the hope that someone can offer advice

There'll be a trip to Wandahome, at FerryBridge this afternoon (near the services)
SWMBO, & her dad, went to the caravan, over the weekend
They arrived to find a torn awning (porch, not full-size), so it was taken down
Presumably, a branch had dropped on it, or simply a gust of wind, had got inside & done it??

I think they want another Porch style?

Last edited:
Sunday 7th

Father-in-law & myself had a trip up just to see where a replacement porch awning would come to on the body side
(ie; would it clear the kitchen window)

The past few weeks have caused a lot of moss to develop
IMG_8689.jpeg

IMG_8690.jpeg

The mains cable has changed colour with the sunshine

IMG_8688.jpeg

However, someone else hasn’t been up to check up on theirs, after the wind & rain!

IMG_8692.jpeg

There'll be a trip to Wandahome, at FerryBridge this afternoon (near the services)
SWMBO, & her dad, went to the caravan, over the weekend
They arrived to find a torn awning (porch, not full-size), so it was taken down
Presumably, a branch had dropped on it, or simply a gust of wind, had got inside & done it??

I think they want another Porch style?

Saturday 20th

We’ve been earlier today, & bought another ‘porch-awning’
A PVC ‘all-season’,which has a 4-leg frame, so not simply reliant on the awning railings the van
https://www.isabella.net/uk/caravanning/porches/winter

SWMBO & myself are away next weekend, thus it’ll have to wait a while to be erected

IMG_8839.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom