Training log

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ASC1951 said:
Just Excel for me, too, although I record running and swimming on it as well.

I have annual targets for distance and height gain, with 'rate required' boxes like at cricket limited over matches. I also have a % of days exercised counter, which changes colour if I drop below target.

All very childish and in my case the targets are quite modest - 365 miles a year running, for instance - but I find it helps to keep me motivated and to get out there to do it.
Childish? Possibly ... nah, thinking about it, probably. :laugh:

But you're right: it's useful to set targets. It's too easy for me - as the Lazy Commuter - to take it easy on the way to / from work and go at the same average speed each day for less and less effort. I need to do something to keep myself "improving" so that I have to maintain that effort.

Course, there's sections of the ride where I don't care how fast I am .. because it would mean taking risks to maintain that speed. But there's some quite big bits of my routes where it's all down to how lazy I'm feeling, and it's there where I put in the effort. Such as it is. :wacko:

ASC1951 said:
J
I have annual targets for distance and height gain

LOL I've tried hanging from the pull up bars in the gym with a weight round my ankles but it doesn't work.

cheadle hulme said:
LOL I've tried hanging from the pull up bars in the gym with a weight round my ankles but it doesn't work.
.. that seemed too much like hard work to me, but I hoped that by losing a bit of weight I might not be quite so squished. Hasn't worked .. I'm still a short a**e. ;)

zacklaws

Guru
caz said:
I use Cyclogs but if you want to download something just for use on your computer and not internet based go to http://www.bikelogs.co.uk/ . Like Sittingduck I enjoy comparing myself against other riders. I'm currently chasing Lazy-Commuter :biggrin:

Confused with this Bikelogs, I have installed it but cannot input any dates after 17 February 2008 as that is the maximum date it goes up too so it seems to be an outdated programme. As for importing GPS logs I also cannot find a way. Other than that if I could find a way of working it, it looks a good programme. Looks like I shall have to contact support

mr-marty-martin

well i also keep a diary of what i do, i just write it down. if it's a ride i write down my milage, all the speed data, all the heart rate data aswell. also how i felt etc. and if i do the same if i go running. i then write my race results down aswell, if have a good race/or a bad one, i can review the week and see whats went wrong, like recovery times. although this doesnt happen much as i stick to a training plan...

Top Bottom