Training log

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclenic

Does anyone keep a training log? I have been looking at the one on www.mapmyride.com

I like the idea of being able to plot your ride, see how far you have been and note how long it took you.
I'd like somehting nice and simple i'm not into the whole calorie count or hill ratio.

Can anyone suggest any sites they use?

:evil:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
http://www.cyclogs.co.uk (There is a Cyclechat team on here)
http://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/main/index.do (for uploaded GPS tracks from my N82 phone).

I'm considering signing up for worldcommute.com too.

jimboalee

Years ago, I created a MS excel spreadsheet to mimic a diary.
It was to keep a record of my AUK rides for Series awards.
Date, distance, applied, completed, recieved points etc.

It is now 12 sheets for the years since it started.

I expanded on it in 2000 when I did a 'Mileater' medal. 10,000 km. Every km noted and totalled.

Its on my USB stick right here. 26th November 2008, 39km. 1hr 32m.

Cyclogs, excel and an Access database. The idea of the database was to pull all the various bits together I've used over the years i.e. I scanned in all my handwitten logs which could then be accessed in the database. It's half done, must get round to sorting the rest out soon.

I use an MS Access database that I cobbled together .. it fits exactly what I want to use it for, funnily enough. I also signed up to Cyclogs to do my bit to add a (very) few miles to the Cycle Chat team .. and to significantly reduce the average speed of the team. :biggrin::blush:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I have been using the Cyclogs site for a couple of months and I think it's great. Nice and simple and fun to compare yourself against other CC riders (I am currently battling with Baggy for 10th spot)!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just excel here !!! I once kept one on.....paper.......did it for years.....

caz

Lazy-Commuter said:
Do you use a different name on Cyclogs? And now you've told me I'm going the long way home tonight even though it's raining. :thumbsdown:;)

Of course :tongue:. Don't worry I won't be overtaking you! I spotted your name on there and then on here and eventually put two and two together - duh :angry: (a bit slow I'm afraid where names are concerned!)

ASC1951

Guru
Just Excel for me, too, although I record running and swimming on it as well.

I have annual targets for distance and height gain, with 'rate required' boxes like at cricket limited over matches. I also have a % of days exercised counter, which changes colour if I drop below target.

All very childish and in my case the targets are quite modest - 365 miles a year running, for instance - but I find it helps to keep me motivated and to get out there to do it.

Top Bottom